Any Newman Haters, Still Want Him Gone..

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2494229 said:
I think this is an OUTSTANDING thread. Props for starting it!

The Newman critics do deserve being called out. How spare to trash a guy for an injury or two.

TERRREEENNCEEE! TERRREEENNCEEE! TERRREEENNCEEE! TERRREEENNCEEE! TERRREEENNCEEE!

Thank you, Sir!

Nexx

Reaction score
finally the coaches are letting newman be newman. man up press coverage and less zone crap.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2494229 said:
I think this is an OUTSTANDING thread. Props for starting it!

The Newman critics do deserve being called out. How spare to trash a guy for an injury or two.

TERRREEENNCEEE! TERRREEENNCEEE! TERRREEENNCEEE! TERRREEENNCEEE! TERRREEENNCEEE!

There is a group of Cowboys fans that almost seem to be waiting for TNew to make a bad play so they can harp on about it for a good month. It drives me bonkers because he has been consisntently so good for so long and many Cowboys fans don't seem to recongize it. It seems like they want him to play bad.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Clove;2494153 said:
I hate to say this but I think that either our fan-base are really young and naive, a ton of bandwagoners, or we're just naturally disloyal.

We will turn on a player in a heart beat. Some of us just sit in the corner and wait for something bad to happen so we can say like little children "I told you so".

I don't know how much more of this I can take, I may have to treat the zone like I do ESPN.

I think its young and naive and bandwagoner combination. Mostly young and naive - people that became Cowboys fans when Parcells came aboard. They weren't there for the Chan Gailey era, the Troy Hambrick era, the 5-11 x 3 Dave Campo years, or the Clint Stoerner era (yuck).

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Future;2493792 said:
I love Newman...

but he should have done a lot more with the ball after those INTs. I think Pacman probably would have taken the first one to the house.

Newman >>>> Jones

as for your comment, watch the play again, he didnt have a running start and the Giants had two guys right there anyway.

Reaction score
Eskimo;2494559 said:
There is a group of Cowboys fans that almost seem to be waiting for TNew to make a bad play so they can harp on about it for a good month. It drives me bonkers because he has been consisntently so good for so long and many Cowboys fans don't seem to recongize it. It seems like they want him to play bad.

Isn't that the truth!

Eskimo

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2494567 said:
Isn't that the truth!

Most of them seem to have turned the corner last year but it only took the first Skins game this year when he was injured for them to rear their ugly heads again.

Reaction score
Eskimo;2494579 said:
Most of them seem to have turned the corner last year but it only took the first Skins game this year when he was injured for them to rear their ugly heads again.

Ya I know. I was at the game and he was booed!

Soth

Reaction score
I don't think there's any doubt that Tnew is the second most important player in our defense (we all know who #1 is). His injury earlier in the season really limited what we could do on defense. Wade knows he can leave Tnew on 1-1 coverage and he can handle it. I don't think any of our other corners can do that (at least not now... I think Jenkins and Scandrick are making great progress).

JBond

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2493767 said:
Have to break'm alittle for the Newman haters. :rolleyes: Anybody want Newman gone?

Guys, we have an awesome D and Newman is just a small piece of the puzzle.

Let's Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!! :starspin

Kansas guy here. I love me some tnew. I get mad sometimes at people who have no idea about tnew. Tnew was put into a position on his first pick and his second finished it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2494588 said:
Ya I know. I was at the game and he was booed!
Newman was boo'd?

Holy **** we have the dumbest fans on earth.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score

Are you talking about this guy?

He's pretty good, isn't he?

Hixon is fast. He's a good player that has a bright future.

But..

Tonight, he got him some of this!

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
By the way, nice job by John Madden of showing what Newman is doing to guys when the ball isn't thrown his way.

Horse Trailer, that!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Future;2493792 said:
I love Newman...

but he should have done a lot more with the ball after those INTs. I think Pacman probably would have taken the first one to the house.

kinda hard to get any yardage esp as soon as you intercepted the pass the wideout was right on top of you.