Any one have paintshop pro?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
anyone have paintshop pro?

I just got it from a friend, have any advice, tips?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Tio said:
anyone have paintshop pro?

I just got it from a friend, have any advice, tips?

I am the master of Paint Shop Pro... what is thy question oh grasshopper...

Irvinite

Reaction score
Thats what I started with..It a lot easier to learn Than Photoshop...I Don't Know about everyone else But I suggest doing Tuts,Tuts and More Tuts.. :D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I am the master of Paint Shop Pro... what is thy question oh grasshopper...
How do I get pictures I created on the web?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I'm a Photoshop guy...

Paintshop pro...completely unfamiliar with it...

Is it a scaled back version of Photoshop?

I am assuming it's a program that is Windows based as opposed to Photoshop which got its foothold on the Macs and then was converted to Windows a few years back.

trickblue

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Is it a scaled back version of Photoshop?

juke3hn.jpg
:pee:

Another Photoshop snob... :rolleyes:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
trickblue said:
juke3hn.jpg
:pee:

Another Photoshop snob... :rolleyes:

*LMAO*

Yep....There's Photoshop users...and then all of you great unwashed huddled together in dark, dank, cellars.

:)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I call Paint Shop Pro the poormans Adobe Photoshop.

It can actually use the majority of the same plug in programs, adobe has also learned from Paint Shop Pro as they took the browse feature and added it to Adobe (which was something I really liked in PSP)....problem I have is that many times if I use it in adobe it shuts the program down some.

However when you are using the tools section and saving the image (especially when you use layers) you can see the image quality difference between PSP and Adobe IMO....Adobe is clearly better in that area.

However PSP is much easier to use IMO and for the most part, for a person that does not need the quality or extensive tools of photoshop, in other words a guy that would never even scratch the surface of adobe, they are just better off using PSP.

I use both, I am now just getting back into adobe as I finally got enough room on the hard drive, but for years I used PSP.

I still like the browse feature better in PSP and I also like the way the fonts tool is setup better in PSP compared to Adobe....only because it is easier.

So if you use PSP and then find that you want better quality, then move up to adobe.

Oh one last thing, I like the animation program that comes with PSP...very easy to use when making simple animated gifs.

trickblue

Reaction score
I use both too... Photoshop is more geared to the professional industry, while PSP is more user-friendly...

They are actually very similar programs... the new version 9 of PSP has greatly improved image quality...

Photoshop has much better compression technology... PSP has much better scripting capabilites...

Of the two it is really a choice of price and performance... both are quality programs...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jacs said:
is paintshop the same one that comes with windows?

No that is MS Paint.

Paint Shop Pro is an independant program

http://www.jasc.com/products/?

one other good thing when comparing PSP to Adobe...PSP is nowhere near the memory or system hog as Adobe is on your computer.

trickblue

Reaction score
PSP also comes with Animation Shop which is the program I used to make all of the smileys...

The nice thing with that is that the programs work together as one... very convenient...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
PSP also comes with Animation Shop which is the program I used to make all of the smileys...

The nice thing with that is that the programs work together as one... very convenient...

Yep...the animation shop is very nice and once again easy to understand for someone not exp in making animated gifs.

trickblue

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Yep...the animation shop is very nice and once again easy to understand for someone not exp in making animated gifs.

Are you saying I am a simpleton? :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Are you saying I am a simpleton? :D

I think he is....

If I were you, I'd send Winicki a PM about this...it's an outrage...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
1. How the heck do I get it to look transparent?

2.Are there any smaller size brushes?