Any other Emgality or Ajovy users here?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I give my self a shot of the medication, Emgality, once a month to prevent migraines. It really helps. Ajovy is a similar med. When it gets toward the end of the month period since I had my shot, the pain starts returning, and I know I need my next shot. Sometimes the pharmacy has a hard time getting the med, and I have to drive around to different pharmacy locations to get it. That's happening now. Stinking pain is back.

Does anyone else out there take one of these meds? Emgality has been a huge help for me, but it's tough when it's wearing off and it's hard to get. I've considered switching to Ajovy, but I don't know for sure if that one is easier to get. Uhg ... pain. It always returns to remind me I need that med.

rags747

Reaction score
I give my self a shot of the medication, Emgality, once a month to prevent migraines. It really helps. Ajovy is a similar med. When it gets toward the end of the month period since I had my shot, the pain starts returning, and I know I need my next shot. Sometimes the pharmacy has a hard time getting the med, and I have to drive around to different pharmacy locations to get it. That's happening now. Stinking pain is back.

Does anyone else out there take one of these meds? Emgality has been a huge help for me, but it's tough when it's wearing off and it's hard to get. I've considered switching to Ajovy, but I don't know for sure if that one is easier to get. Uhg ... pain. It always returns to remind me I need that med.
Find an online med center, there are plenty of them. I am fortunate enough to be on zero medications.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Search for "Specialty Pharmacy" in your area. They deal exclusively with less-frequently prescribed medications. Also, and independent will likely be willing to help out. The problem with the Walgreen's and CVS locations is they don't want to carry various types of high-cost drugs only to have patients transfer the prescription elsewhere out of convenience. Many drugs cannot be returned to the wholesaler.