Any rumors on vet O-lineman being brought in?

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t think they will this week. Not with edoga and bass playing well and Tyler getting closer to coming back.

After what I saw Sunday. If/when Tyron goes down. I would feel decent about Tyler at LT and Edoga at LG.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Now that week 1 is in the books, and Jerry has already spoken of his concern for the O-line depth has any name been credibly discussed as bringing in a Vet for o-line depth. At one point in Giants game we were running Bass and Richards out there with no one behind them. 8 o-lineman is a light number.
It will all look much better when Young Smith comes back. That will have a big trickle down effect because he is a stud. No need to panic. Btw all Bass and Richards do is play. Both are super solid rookies.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe I was one of the very few that said the line would not suffer much. And that I get slammed for that but what else is new around here , get slammed for everything. Lol.

exciter

Reaction score
Right, considering his time here, at LSU, and early statements made when he first signed with the Bengals I’d guess he’d retire long before he signed as a practice squad player. Couldn’t motivate himself to be in shape and play to his skillset averaging 10m sure don’t see him doing as that pay rate!

RandyOh

Reaction score
Edoga and Bass did a solid job against a defensive interior with an all pro and a pro bowl caliber DTs. Think they will wait and see after a few more weeks. If we want an upgrade it will need to come from a trade. Whats left in free agency will still be there in a few weeks.

erod

Reaction score
Where are these "extra" linemen when half the NFL has horrible offensive lines?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Yeah, this is hilarious. Calls for Lael Collins? Are you kidding? He wasn't very good here...lost his job to Steele. Went to CIncinnati and has been suckage there and now gets released off PUP and some people want him? SMH. Edoga acquitted himself at LG pretty well...I'd feel comfortable with him in there if we had to go that way. Richards and Bass just need some time. If a quality swing G/T or C/G becomes available I would consider it, but the chances of that are pretty slim. I still wonder about Justin Pugh. He was a decent OL who is coming off a knee injury but is supposedly ready to go. I would imagine he would get a call with so many teams looking for help

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right, considering his time here, at LSU, and early statements made when he first signed with the Bengals I’d guess he’d retire long before he signed as a practice squad player. Couldn’t motivate himself to be in shape and play to his skillset averaging 10m sure don’t see him doing as that pay rate!
:hammer:

Gambit

Reaction score
Yeah, this is hilarious. Calls for Lael Collins? Are you kidding? He wasn't very good here...lost his job to Steele. Went to CIncinnati and has been suckage there and now gets released off PUP and some people want him? SMH. Edoga acquitted himself at LG pretty well...I'd feel comfortable with him in there if we had to go that way. Richards and Bass just need some time. If a quality swing G/T or C/G becomes available I would consider it, but the chances of that are pretty slim. I still wonder about Justin Pugh. He was a decent OL who is coming off a knee injury but is supposedly ready to go. I would imagine he would get a call with so many teams looking for help
And he hasn't yet, which seems odd to me.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that week 1 is in the books, and Jerry has already spoken of his concern for the O-line depth has any name been credibly discussed as bringing in a Vet for o-line depth. At one point in Giants game we were running Bass and Richards out there with no one behind them. 8 o-lineman is a light number.
Gameday Roster: Most teams carry 8.

Backup Edoga had a good game.

Tyler likely back for the next game.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gameday Roster: Most teams carry 8.

Backup Edoga had a good game.

Tyler likely back for the next game.
Edoga made me feel a little better about that group. Assuming Tyler is back this week. Knowing Edoga could hold up at LG if Tyler has to move to LT is a relief.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
A big need given the Cowboys were playing LG-3 in the first game of the season, their RT is recovering from an ACL tear he suffered 9 months ago (remarkable recovery for the big man) and Tyron Smith has been consistently missing games the past few years. Biggest need on the team right now.
how is it a big need if your RT came back without issue and played well? He didn't even start camp on PuP. You simply cannot have vet backups at every position. You need to use those spots to develop guys. Peters was great last year but he's also really really old, out of shape, and not so durable anymore. Awesome mentor to Tyler but you can't hold a spot for a guy who struggles to play a full game.