Any rumors on vet O-lineman being brought in?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Now that week 1 is in the books, and Jerry has already spoken of his concern for the O-line depth has any name been credibly discussed as bringing in a Vet for o-line depth. At one point in Giants game we were running Bass and Richards out there with no one behind them. 8 o-lineman is a light number.
Was hoping Peters,
But he signed with the Seahawks this week.
:(

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The guy I would have liked to have signed was Jack Anderson.
He just got added to another squad and is being moved to OC but I would have loved to have him here.
He is from Frisco and was the right guard next to Terrence Steele for 3 years at Tech.
Could have followed Steele to Duke being back in Frisco and really developed IMO.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I believe I was one of the very few that said the line would not suffer much. And that I get slammed for that but what else is new around here , get slammed for everything. Lol.
You're all good bro. I apologize for being harsh. That was my bad, not yours...

StarLord

Reaction score
We won 40-0, no sacks, with a starter out. Of course we want as much depth as possible but realistically we're ok right now. Also who are cutting?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Now that week 1 is in the books, and Jerry has already spoken of his concern for the O-line depth has any name been credibly discussed as bringing in a Vet for o-line depth. At one point in Giants game we were running Bass and Richards out there with no one behind them. 8 o-lineman is a light number.
We like our guys

rambo2

Reaction score
I think they like what they have. The roster is full.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I know Bass came in for Edoga at one point when he got a little injured. Other than that the backups came in to protect our starters in a blowout right? I kind of like that idea when our concern is depth and injury. I would have got Dak out sooner also. WE also had Hoffman play

Jarntt

Reaction score
Given that Edoga played well particularly for a backup and Richards held his own for his cup of coffee I would think that the impetus to get another OL would go down.
Even more that he played well, the fact that we played him at OG in the first place was huge IMO since he played only OT in camp and then was injured.

Carson

Reaction score
You don't like the OL's already on the PS?
I do like Bostick at tackle in the future. Harlow/Hoffman are needed at center.

Just personal preference if needed in December if we need a body going to Buffalo and we need to win.