Any safeties anyone likes?

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I also like Derwin James No way he gets to us LOL Minkah Fitzpatrick Another that we will never see !

I am Honestly intrigued by Ronnie Harrison he is a really solid football player and would have had way more attention if he played for a different team. He makes plays for sure he would be a solid addition but would not be a flashy pick he just makes plays i would say he would be like hitchens sort of

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
White is a stud and really stood out the last two years as a leader as well as a player. He has the ability to be special in the right system. I have no doubt he will be low first, high second round pick.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He is quickly becoming my favorite safety in this draft. Watching the senior bowl practices the dude has good movement an makes a lot of plays. Im curious to see how fast he is.

Seems like a poor man's Derwin from the limited tape I've seen...and that's a compliment.

He looks the part as a guy that can attack down in the box, I just need some scouting reports to tell me he can cover.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hate this years safety class. its weak. We may have our safety in Frazier or Woods.

Rayman70

Reaction score
As with most of us here I don't know it all. If I did I would have been a scout. I look at as many players you folks suggest and most of you point to some good talent. Two players I really liked before the East-West Shrine game were Poona Ford DT1 and OC/G Austin Kuhnert. I like both more now. There were several players in the East West game that I think could help us without being early round picks. I have always said any ole plug fan can pick first and second round talent. The good scouts are the one that can find talent in the later rounds. Two more players in that game that impressed me were Daurice Fountain and Steven Dunbar, both WR's.

I forgot to include LB Jason Cabinda & DE-Kentavius Street
Ford made some money this week.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I want a guy that's balanced which is why I like Watts. He seems like he can cover and give you run support. In our defense, and in today's NFL, the SS needs to be able to cover.

This is why you are seeing safeties move to LB.
Watts had a rough week. Did not look interested at all. I would pass on him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Heath and Frazier are blah. Decent. Nothing more. Frankly I think Woods can be a better FS than Heath and Frazier can play SS.
Woods is one of the reasons Im looking at both spot. I think if we got a good box safety, Woods could move over the FS

Rayman70

Reaction score
Frazier is an up and comer. He is not "blah" The guy has improved much each year. With playing time this guy could be great,especially is the new scheme of Kris Richards. Lets see what happens under the guidance and teaching of the new secondary coach.

Vols74

Reaction score
Title. I'm looking for tape on guys who could fill that Barry Church role as the downhill hitter in our scheme.

-I like Derwin James, but I doubt he's there at 19.

-I watched Ronnie Harrison, and I actually like his coverage, but I didn't care for his tackling or run defense. Not a Top 20 pick IMO, not a good fit for this scheme either.

-Can't find any cutups on Justin Reid.

-Armani Watts is a deep safety.

-Saw some tape on Marcus Allen from Penn State, he's got that thump, but his coverage and tackling sucks and he doesn't look like a great athlete. 3rd day kind of player, not sure if he's better than what we have.

Raashan Gaulden DB Tennessee

Rayman70

Reaction score
I dont see 1 college safety thats better than the group we have..PLUS we are still finding out what we have with Frazier,Woods Jones. I dont see a need to draft a safety..they look marginal.