Any small chance for Irvin as WR Coach?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
MIchael Irvin any small chance for WR Coach ? would love his intensity on the staff
No, I will not be coaching receivers or working for Jerry. I have a comfortable job that pays me well, young man. Thanks for the love of my intensity but no interest in coaching.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
What’s the deal with your now former WR coach Sanjay Lal? Is he gone simply to allow McCarthy to hire his own people or was he a poor coach?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best WRs don't tend to go into coaching, for whatever reason.

Heck, the best anything don't tend to go into coaching for whatever reason.

Playing and coaching are entirely different skillsets. Forget knowledge of the game. It takes a talent for administration, communication, and organization that is beyond most of these guys. Plus, and as a former athletic department tutor at a major division 1 school, I can tell you with utmost certainty that a lot of "elite" football players are marginally literate reading at 4th/5th grade levels with very basic concepts of math. My job was to re-write their incoherent essays, and teach them the difference between a period and a comma. Most universities with major football programs have armies of tutors and soft academic tracks to keep them eligible. The coaches I interacted with were a completely different breed and very sharp.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Love Irvin but nobody takes him seriously - he would make a terrible coach!

Cebrin

Reaction score
If you want them to all doing lines, and getting flagged for push offs, yes!

Shane612

Reaction score
The best WRs don't tend to go into coaching, for whatever reason.

Heck, the best anything don't tend to go into coaching for whatever reason.
Because they expect everybody to play like them.......when they don't, frustration.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I will not be coaching receivers or working for Jerry. I have a comfortable job that pays me well, young man. Thanks for the love of my intensity but no interest in coaching.
Don't insult Mike by claiming to be him...

zerofill

Reaction score
Drop a pass, get stabbed with scissors

Might be needing him... 5 sacks for the whole year? scissors...

Oh throw behind the receiver 3x or more in a game... scissors...

Oh fumble? scissors...

No turnovers for 2 straight games? scissors...scissors...scissors...scissors...scissors...scissors...scissors...scissors...scissors...scissors...scissors...

Heck, we might see Super Bowls for eternity with that kinda motivation!

Gameover

Reaction score
Jeebus ....... We finally have a coach who is filling his staff with real NFL coaches and now someone wants a 55 year old crackhead who has only ever "coached" on a reality TV show.

I swear.
1. He’s 53

2. When did he start smoking crack?

3. I hate the word crackhead.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
why would he leave a super lucrative dream job in the premier football show on game days ? I mean seriously .

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He’s making millions in broadcasting and is one of the best for football there is.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He’s making millions in broadcasting and is one of the best for football there is.
yes,, the only way you could even get him to blink, would be a HC gig,, and even then maybe a resounding NO!