Any surprises?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
You guys think that hosting the draft in Dallas may influence Jerry into doing something stupid to make a splash? I can see him possibly trading back into the first especially if the fan base is even more disgruntled after free agency.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Trading back into the first to get Vander Esch....book it.;)...ala Demarcus Lawerence trade up. I remember people gnashing their teeth when we made that deal....Where would we be now w/o that trade?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You guys think that hosting the draft in Dallas may influence Jerry into doing something stupid to make a splash? I can see him possibly trading back into the first especially if the fan base is even more disgruntled after free agency.

Well I hope he doesn't do something stupid but trading back could probably be the move.

They'd rather sit in their and get their guy then move back a few spots and still get their guy i'm sure.

Wynn in a trade back would be great if all of our main guys go off the board.

cowboyec

Reaction score
It would even be more surprising if Hernandez even makes it to the 2nd round.
Im hoping he has a crappy combine so he'll be there at 50.
Same thing for DaRon Payne or Marcus Davenport at 19.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Vander Esch is a beast but you think post combine he'll be projected into the first?

I do...

Pittsburgh, New England....Colts 2nd round...

If he gets past them...he could slide...but I highly doubt he gets past the 43th pick. I can't see NE passing on him twice.:popcorn:

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I really do think Jerry will want to make a splash move.

My hope is that it's a trade for Earl Thomas.

My fear is they overpay to move up and draft someone they didn't do their research on (Mo Claiborne).
The worst part of all that is that if they were gonna trade up for an LSU DB it should've been the year before for Patrick Peterson.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I really do think Jerry will want to make a splash move.

My hope is that it's a trade for Earl Thomas.

My fear is they overpay to move up and draft someone they didn't do their research on (Mo Claiborne).

I want Thomas.

We do not need to pay more than a four though. He's here in 2019 as a UFA.

Seahawks grab a safety and ET is ours

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Vander Esch might go higher than 19 when all is said and done. He might make the most noise at the combine this year and I could see a team like the Commanders grabbing him at 13 or 12 whatever their pick is especially since Zach Brown is a Free Agent. I have been following Vander Esch and his agent said in an interview that he has gained 14 pounds since his last game and he hasn't lost any speed. 6'3'' 254lbs with a 4.65 40 time. The guy is a beast and I would be happy with staying put and drafting him at 19 if he fell that far.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Vander Esch might go higher than 19 when all is said and done. He might make the most noise at the combine this year and I could see a team like the Commanders grabbing him at 13 or 12 whatever their pick is especially since Zach Brown is a Free Agent. I have been following Vander Esch and his agent said in an interview that he has gained 14 pounds since his last game and he hasn't lost any speed. 6'3'' 254lbs with a 4.65 40 time. The guy is a beast and I would be happy with staying put and drafting him at 19 if he fell that far.
That's all great & fine but there isn't any elite playmaking on the tape I have seen. So, I hope other teams go crazy over his measurable & leave better football players for us.

funkytown

Reaction score
Should they do something splashy? No, sit there and take best player at 19. Maybe even trade back if the 1st round board is bare.

But having the draft here in Dallas will cause Trader Jerry to start itching. This man lives for the spotlight. No bigger spotlight than having the draft in your city. Since it was first announced the draft was coming here I started to wonder what Jerry could do with this opportunity.

This is the crazy scenario I came up with. I stress the word crazy. Jerry and the Boys trading up to the top of the draft. The very top. Cleveland at #1. What if Jerry gets it in his mind that Rosen or Darnold is the next Aikman. Even worse he falls in love with Baker Mayfield. Lets say Cleveland has been calling for the past year trying to trade for Dak. He knows they value Dak over any of the QBs in this draft. They offer the #1 this year and their #1 next year for Dak. Jerry steals the headline and makes the boldest move of the offseason. Right in his hometown on draft night. We get the #1 pick this year (Rosen/Darnold) with the possibility that we are taking the guy the Giants want as their future. So we slap them in the face in the process. Not to mention acquire what is possibly the #1 pick next year too. And maybe even more picks. Would you guys be on board?