Any surprises?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The last splash Jerry made was water on top of his Johnny Walker Blue!

Don't count it. He'll be too busy anyway counting his concession receipts.

The splash move in the draft would be Ridley which is not worth it for us.

If he’s going to move up significantly then I can’t see them doing it for any player but Roquan Smith.

phildadon86

Reaction score

If he’s going to move up significantly then I can’t see them doing it for any player but Roquan Smith.
Derwin James

cnuball21

Reaction score

Gosh if we give up draft picks to move up and take a #2 WR, on a run heavy team, that would be dumber than dumb.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gosh if we give up draft picks to move up and take a #2 WR, on a run heavy team, that would be dumber than dumb.

Agree

Btw I don’t think Derwin James is flashy enough to qualify as a flash pick even though

RS12

Reaction score
Vander Esch might go higher than 19 when all is said and done. He might make the most noise at the combine this year and I could see a team like the Commanders grabbing him at 13 or 12 whatever their pick is especially since Zach Brown is a Free Agent. I have been following Vander Esch and his agent said in an interview that he has gained 14 pounds since his last game and he hasn't lost any speed. 6'3'' 254lbs with a 4.65 40 time. The guy is a beast and I would be happy with staying put and drafting him at 19 if he fell that far.
Pass coverage?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Agree

Btw I don’t think Derwin James is flashy enough to qualify as a flash pick even though

Flashy enough? Not sure I really care about that unless your just referring to flashy enough for Jerry.

Dude is an athletic freak that would add some real juice to our defense.

Not only that, he's an absolute alpha dog and a leader. Just an added bonus.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Flashy enough? Not sure I really care about that unless your just referring to flashy enough for Jerry.

Dude is an athletic freak that would add some real juice to our defense.

Not only that, he's an absolute alpha dog and a leader. Just an added bonus.

I’m just responding to the splash pick that the OP was talking about.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys think that hosting the draft in Dallas may influence Jerry into doing something stupid to make a splash? I can see him possibly trading back into the first especially if the fan base is even more disgruntled after free agency.
The last splash Jerry made was water on top of his Johnny Walker Blue!

Don't count it. He'll be too busy anyway counting his concession receipts.
I really do think Jerry will want to make a splash move.

My hope is that it's a trade for Earl Thomas.

My fear is they overpay to move up and draft someone they didn't do their research on (Mo Claiborne).

I think hosting the draft will actually mean less time and focus for Jerry inside the draft room.

With everyone at his place AND with more cameras outside the draft room than in, it will kill him to just hang out in the draft room with Garrett and Jerry's crew of non-celebrities.

There will be many network requests for interviews with Jerry.

If both are slotted for the same timeframe, which does Jerry choose?

1: Major network interview.

2: Being in the draft room as the Cowboys approach being on the clock.

If he chooses #2, it would be the first time ever that he picked the "smaller" camera.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I think hosting the draft will actually mean less time and focus for Jerry inside the draft room.

With everyone at his place AND with more cameras outside the draft room than in, it will kill him to just hang out in the draft room with Garrett and Jerry's crew of non-celebrities.

There will be many network requests for interviews with Jerry.

If both are slotted for the same timeframe, which does Jerry choose?

1: Major network interview.

2: Being in the draft room as the Cowboys approach being on the clock.

If he chooses #2, it would be the first time ever that he picked the "smaller" camera.
That is a mn interesting take and I can definitely see that happening.