Any welders here?

cml750

Reaction score
8265-S_J-B_Weld-USA_grande_5f045738-0350-44e1-8938-c67ac12c1dcf.jpg
I know you posted this for fun but I just wanted to say I prefer the item below to JB Weld. I have used the stuff numerous times for various repairs and can attest it works great. Actually JB Weld makes a similar item but I still prefer this brand.

2TRJ2_AS01

cml750

Reaction score
I'm want to scratch a longtime itch and learn to weld.

Any advice on where I should start?
More specifically, should I start with a stick or just go with a mig?

The internet tells me both with each side being equally adamant.
I have dabbled in it from time to time but since my dad is a master welder, I just use him to do any major welds. His look much better than mine and I am quite sure they are much more structurally sound. My dad is getting up there in age so I need to get better at it (with his help) while he is still in good enough health to teach me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I know you posted this for fun but I just wanted to say I prefer the item below to JB Weld. I have used the stuff numerous times for various repairs and can attest it works great. Actually JB Weld makes a similar item but I still prefer this brand.

2TRJ2_AS01
Honestly, I've never used either. I just remember back in the 80s, a guy attempted to repair his cracked block with JB Weld. :omg::laugh::lmao::lmao2:

cml750

Reaction score
Honestly, I've never used either. I just remember back in the 80s, a guy attempted to repair his cracked block with JB Weld. :omg::laugh::lmao::lmao2:
I would never do something like that but it works great for things like cracked plastic and such. As a matter of fact, I used it just yesterday evening to fix my shop vac where the plastic housing that holds one of the wheels cracked making it too easy for the wheel to come out of the housing.

Along similar lines to your anecdote, several year ago a guy I worked with said he thought he had a warped head on his engine. Another coworker told him to go to Autozone and get a can of "Dewarpo" , add it to the gas, and it would be like new. The guy, who obviously was not mechanically inclined, actually went to Autozone and actually asked where the "Dewarpo" was. Man was he pissed off the next morning when he came to work.
:lmao:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I would never do something like that but it works great for things like cracked plastic and such. As a matter of fact, I used it just yesterday evening to fix my shop vac where the plastic housing that holds one of the wheels cracked making it too easy for the wheel to come out of the housing.

Along similar lines to your anecdote, several year ago a guy I worked with said he thought he had a warped head on his engine. Another coworker told him to go to Autozone and get a can of "Dewarpo" , add it to the gas, and it would be like new. The guy, who obviously was not mechanically inclined, actually went to Autozone and actually asked where the "Dewarpo" was. Man was he pissed off the next morning when he came to work.
:lmao:
A couple of CBZ users could use a little Dewarpo. :laugh: