Any word on Lawrence?

Cumart21

Reaction score
Hopefully he can give the D some pop from the edge. Not expecting a pro bowler from the opening snap but we need him to have an impact.

Fredd

Reaction score
If he can apply pressure and force double teams on occasion, then that gives the rest of the unit more opportunities....any pass rush is going to help...it helps that when he is back, he is not going up against a mobile QB for 3 straight weeks

jaybird

Reaction score
I'm excited to see Lawrence. I liked him a lot even before we drafted him and hope he's legit, we need it. It's a reserved excitement since he's been out all this time and don't really know what to expect.

It would cool if he ended up with better numbers than Clowney

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'd rest Bruce until Arizona. That's a big game. Imagine this d w Brent Lawrence and Bruce back in. Unreal

If Carter is ready, he should play. This D is hardly strong enough to "rest" players especially against a division rival where the games are relatively tight no matter the standings. We've been good enough to win without him but he's clearly one of the better players on the entire defense. If he's medically cleared and feels good, play him.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
If Carter is ready, he should play. This D is hardly strong enough to "rest" players especially against a division rival where the games are relatively tight no matter the standings. We've been good enough to win without him but he's clearly one of the better players on the entire defense. If he's medically cleared and feels good, play him.
I am generally cautions about strains and pulls. And the team has been cautions with him. By Monday night it will have been a month...and that should be long enough. Being 6-1 gives us a little "house money".....so I would not rush Free back...and Ro McClain needs to continue to treat his groin and be HONEST with the trainers/coaches. Strains and pulls don't get better by playing on them...they get worse. The schedule is soft in the middle to NOT have to push guys at certain positions through injuries. Can't do that at QB...so Romo had to take a shot before the game and play. But we are taking some of the pressure off Romo by resting him on Wednesdays and running the football. Super Bowl runs are usually about a War of Attrition...so this coaching staff is figuring this out on the fly.....but Jason was around when we were winning in the 90s....so hopefully he can draw from that.