Anybody else hate the Dallas bye week?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I love it. A chance to do something else. 4 -5 months straight of football need a break.

Play some golf and this weekend is perfect cause the Masters is on.

Motorola

Reaction score
NFL bye weeks have in the league for three decades straight (1990).
By now, fans' favorite team(s) not playing one week in a four-month stretch being a downer is a stretch.
What I don't like about the bye week is its application - stretching it out over an eight week\ two month period.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Yes, I hate it even though this team is not contending for anything ATM. Suck or no suck, I’d rather watch the Cowboys play. Regardless, I’ll still watch other games.

Flamma

Reaction score
I hate it, no cowboy game good or bad, hate or love them lol .
No game at all is irritating!
Even worse is the other games this sunday are not all that interesting either.
phil vs giants, and a couple others are meh.
like a week hiatus

might have to watch a 90's game.
I watched the 99 Commanders vs dallas game 1 the other day, and that was fun to watch.
Darrel green was still playing for Commanders, they had just got brad johnson.
aikman irving smith moose all still playing.

Absolutely sucks. The only saving grace is that I have a little better pool with friends. Do you remember when they used to have 2 bye weeks? I am so glad they did away with that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like the way they do the bye week when it seems really simple to me and an even playing field.

Starting in week 7, two divisions get a bye and the teams all play each other, within their own division, in their first game after the bye. They rotate this every year to make it fair. No team plays another team after a bye week that didn't have one themselves.

This cuts it down to 4 weeks of byes and the NFL still has 12 games every bye weekend and allows some teams to get better exposure.

IceBowler

Reaction score
7 -2 1st place Bills v.5-3 2nd place Cardinals - both can win division; Chargers v. Dolphins - rookie QBs playing well; Seahawks-Rams --one game separating them in the standings= not interesting \meh?
Judging from your comments about going into the Dallas archives - just seems like you're not a true NFL fan (other than the Cowboys). Dallas not playing doesn't lessen my interest in pro football.

Pro Football as it's presented now is what has lessened my interest in pro football ... and I'm sure I'm not alone. What a shame too, as I've had many, many great moments both good and bad over the game ...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't lie. You're going to sit in a pumpkin patch waiting on the Great Pumpkin, like a blockhead.

Hallmark Holiday Specials is just a cover story.
The Great Pumpkin already came and went you Blockhead.

I'll be practicing my FG kicking this week

OIP.PyWdmg5jErVlKZnLP3KLkgHaFO

Praxit

Reaction score
..when yer winning, you hate it. Right now @ 2-7, I wouldn't mind if they had a 3 week bye. .Then maybe, Dak would be back and run the table. ..;)

lukin2006

Reaction score
nope. I used to. I no longer care. The Cowboys will never win a SB as long as the Jones sisters are in charge.