Anybody else sense dark times ahead?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Nov 26, 2020.

1. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,525 Messages
    4,474 Likes Received
    There's an asteroid that is projected to hit the Earth in 2029. So there's hope that all things on Earth will die then. That's about all I got for you.

Zordon likes this.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

48,723 Messages
    50,141 Likes Received
    No.

Better future than with Garrett.

3. Lutonio

Lutonio Well-Known Member

2,019 Messages
    3,097 Likes Received
    Yes. That’s what is so bad about this season. Even in 2015, I felt like the team would bounce back once Romo healed.

While that was only technically correct, this season feels very different. The organization comes off as too stubborn to actually do anything.

The HC and coordinators are all abysmal, and the offensive line is sudden a major liability after being the identity of the team for most of the decade. The Elliott contract is so bad that he will be a cautionary tale for other organizations for years who are looking to sign RBs. While I like Prescott, I don’t think there will be enough money left to surround him with a winning team after he gets paid.

Yes, I see that bad moon rising.

4. Motorola

Motorola Well-Known Member

845 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    2019 Eagles: 9-7; currently...3-6-1
    2019 Giants: 4-12; currently...3-7
    2019 Redskins 3-13; currently 4-7
    Let's wait and see how the NFC East rivals finish 2020 before declaring them 'improved'.

Cowboy Lover and coogrfan like this.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt BP is not impressed with your post Admin

73,995 Messages
    29,883 Likes Received
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

14,507 Messages
    9,746 Likes Received
    Definitely starting to think that a high draft pick isn't going to cure what ails us

Cowboy Lover and Old'Boyfan like this.
  7. Motorola

Motorola Well-Known Member

845 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    November 17, 2019....Cowboys were 6 -4; since that date, the team has won 5 games and lost 12.

75boyz likes this.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,647 Messages
    60,217 Likes Received
    Yes. We’re on the wrong path.

Star Guard_31 and Gaede like this.
  9. Silly

Silly Well-Known Member

672 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    You men Jerry can draft Zeke's replacement?

10. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

6,644 Messages
    8,146 Likes Received
    with all of that, the “improving division” is barely treading water with us. I’m not a homer whatsoever, but I think getting Dak, Tyron, La’el, and Diggs back next year will have us in great shape. And I’m legit optimistic

11. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

17,916 Messages
    17,001 Likes Received
    I'm not really sure how or where Stephen got this whole "penny-pinching" label. The team has continued to spend money, they just don't go all in on big names in FA anymore. They've tried to focus on building a more well-rounded roster, rather than one so too heavy.

Also, not saying I agree or disagree with how they spend money, but they certainly aren't penny-pinching. They're still spending quite a bit.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  12. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

4,447 Messages
    4,922 Likes Received
    Dark times until we are no longer the most profitable team. If we remain money in the bank, we might not be relevant for the next decade. 2 years of MM, 8 of KM, and a few wasted careers.

13. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

9,847 Messages
    26,951 Likes Received
    Yep. Especially if we pay this fraud of a QB.

Imagine paying someone $40m and they have won 6 out for the last 16 games

14. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

18,613 Messages
    24,319 Likes Received
    Had Dak and at least one of the tackles been there all season we win this division going away.

Now does that mean we’re any good? No.....but it would be fun to watch at least. The D needs talent and speed.

The offense needs health. At least we know we have some depth on the Oline next year. And Jarwin and Schultz make a formidable TE group. The play calling is weird however. Up one game down the next.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  15. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

17,916 Messages
    17,001 Likes Received
    I also completely disagree with thr premise of this thread. The offense has elite talent when healthy. The OL has been decimated. The play calling has been suspect, but I don't think Moore will be around next season. It's just been a perfect storm this season. The Cowboys have just as much chance to compete for a SB next season as they do to be a cellar dwellar.

16. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

8,423 Messages
    5,656 Likes Received
    For me when Dak went down the football year was over. Then they lose 4 OL. It was never going to happen this year. So use these opportunities to get good draft slot which it looks like they will. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Dallas is difficult team to beat next year because I see bunch of emerging young players: Hill, Gallimore, Diggs, Wilson and on offense: McGovern, Biadasz, Lamb. I think things are going exactly as they should. Dallas right now is in 4th draft slot and on heels of Cincy. They have Ravens and Cincy next two weeks. Keep developing that talent and get into top 3 draft slot - Dallas will have 6 draft picks in first 4 rounds.

HanD likes this.
  17. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

2,477 Messages
    2,195 Likes Received
    And this HC was 11-16-1 with his previous team's last 2 seasons before being fired and 3-7 while leading this team.

18. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

5,612 Messages
    5,782 Likes Received
    Yep.

Jerry Jones has turned the love of my life into a mere acquaintance. I check in on them once in a while to see how they are doing instead of being their for them all day every day. It took 25 years but he finally wore me down.

19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

54,377 Messages
    54,641 Likes Received
    We have and we remain in it because we have a roster that’s good but not good enough and our money is spent unless we pass on Dak which you know the guys running the team won’t do.

20. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

7,179 Messages
    5,857 Likes Received
    This is where we need an objective voice in the building that can determine the future path for the franchise. Instead, we have biased, eternal optimists who are quite literally high-fiving themselves.

We’ve got disastrous contracts in Elliott and Jaylon Smith, an aging and suddenly injury prone offensive line, a porous coaching staff, and a huge fork-in-the-road decision at QB — all compounded by a high draft pick looming.

I fully expect this front office to make an ill-sighted, short-term decision with the draft pick. They’re going to think things will be hunky dory in 2021 as our team returns from injury.