Anybody else sense dark times ahead?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We have a senile owner, a penny-pinching son, a con-man head coach, an aging roster littered with poor contracts, an inability to draft properly on one side of the ball, and an improving division. Where is the hope?

You mean ... you mean ... it can get worse??????

Beaker42

Reaction score
You won't be saying its darker when we take a te 4th overall.

These guys know how to build a winner.

If it’s Kyle Pitts count me as all in. He’s the next Gonzalez/Kelce/Gronk/Graham.

Not in real life but in their heads but thats good enough for me.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have a senile owner, a penny-pinching son, a con-man head coach, an aging roster littered with poor contracts, an inability to draft properly on one side of the ball, and an improving division. Where is the hope?

we are no longer Dallas Cowboys ..we are Dallas Dumpster fire

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Haha, sprinkle in some positivity. This has been a disaster of a football season where nearly everything has gone wrong. Chalk it up as a lost season, but there remains lots of offensive talent. Aging roster? They're about average in age, and they'll get younger next year as they'll likely move on from some of the older players.

Enter some defensive upgrades, a healthy roster and I see a brighter future.

mr King...i think it is the hang-over of having our hearts ripped out of our chest and crushed yet again..today is not the day for postivity in my lowly opinion?

catiii

Reaction score
And a few fans and an owner who want to add 1 more stupid contract - DAK - that will set us back ANOTHER 5-10 years. And no I'm not @Frozen700 's alt.
But man will we ever break stats records.......just not win records. o_O

Jipper

Reaction score
And a few fans and an owner who want to add 1 more stupid contract - DAK - that will set us back ANOTHER 5-10 years. And no I'm not @Frozen700 's alt.
But man will we ever break stats records.......just not win records. o_O

dak might actually be the smartest contract of the ones you are referencing bc the vAlue of the position but I get what you are saying

basel90

Reaction score
An overhaul is needed indeed . The team is tanking steadily and will be the 2nd or 3rd worst team . I think Jerry needs a shock like this .

Zordon

Reaction score
Improving division? This division is historic dog crap.
Still feel this way? Skins have a TE, WR, oline and one of the best defenses in the league. Of they go after Darnold, we're done here. There's definitely a shift occurring in the division this year.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There isn't much to judge from in this strange season...that goes for all teams in the league. Steelers were the biggest fraud of an undefeated team this late in the season for awhile.

1. Limited practice with basically a completely new staff (this is still the biggest issue and why I'm just writing this season off)
2. Crazy injury bug
3. Players going out due to COVID
4. Games being moved left and right - travel I'm sure has been a bigger issue than reported
5. Basically empty stadiums
6. On top of all that - you have a coach pass away during the season, occurring at the facility.

Just get this season over with - I can cheer for L's - but they sure ain't hurting like they normally do.
#TeamTank

dckid

Reaction score
Still feel this way? Skins have a TE, WR, oline and one of the best defenses in the league. Of they go after Darnold, we're done here. There's definitely a shift occurring in the division this year.
Jerry's screwing around for the past 25 years has gotten us nothing. Name me another profession where you can fail as miserably as the Cowboys GM and front office and expect to keep your job. We will never win a SB unless the ownership is honest with themselves.
Jerry should just sell this franchise to a Bezos type or even a Mark Cuban at least he is a local in DFW.
Jerry and FO don't care about winning a SB, just sell for 6.5, 7 billion and walk away. No one can take away his HOF, and SB wins. The truth of the matter is Jerry is a loser with out Jimmy Johnson. He ego is so inflated he would rather die and bring the franchise to its knees than hire a competent GM and coach and actually win a SB. He cannot have anyone get any credit for success other than himself. He is the ultimate idiot, loser owner. He only cares about his pocketbook and the sizzle but not about actual results. Man I wish his business was hotels and restaurants he would have been in a financial pit because of the pandemic.
I really with the NFL would take away this storied franchise from this clown ownership group. We are the Detroit Lions... what a shameful sentence. As a lifelong Cowboy fan I am embarrassed by the bull headed behavior over the past quarter century.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dark times ahead? What do you call the times we are in right now? When you're already neck-deep in the crap pile with no plan to get out of it, how hard is it to see you will remain in that situation in the future?

Jipper

Reaction score
I don’t think that’s possible

never say never....we could very easliy be sitting at 1-10 without a couple of lucky breaks....it could always get worse.

Also, imagine if we didn't have all the injuries we have had and were still as bad as we are....it could always get worse.

Also imagine if Jerry jones was able to develop a robot that he could transfer his being to and live forever....it could always get worse.