Anybody giving up or through with the Cowboys?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm not even emotional tonight. I expected to lose. The 21st century Cowboys have conditioned me to expect it at this point of the season.

I'll be a fan forever because I've been one since 1971, but my emotional investment will never be the same. I hope to be surprised, but expect to be disappointed.
Now you get to look forward to everyone getting extensions and raises. Expectations are so low with this franchise.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
From that? I’ve seen far worse lows to spur thoughts of resigning my post than that,and they still had a positive year. Had it stayed the way the season started? Then you got an argument to make.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I'm a cowboy's fan for life. Glad to see any fake fan leaving though and extremist haters or homers :)

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I feel this is the ‘91 Cowboys. Young team, won a first rd matchup, than ran into a better team in divisional.

If they make the right moves in the offseason and get some luck health wise they will be serious contenders.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jerry has blown through a half dozen coaches since Jimmy. Switzer won a SB with Jimmy's leftovers in spite of himself, and the Cowboys haven't sniffed one since.

Blame Dak, blame JG, make whatever excuse you want. The best decision Jerry ever made was hiring Jimmy, and his ego pushed Jimmy out the door. Since then, mediocrity baby. Win the division and a home playoff game in the wild card round and everyone gets an extension. That's the 21st century Cowboys.

morat1959

Reaction score
Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is watching the Dallas Cowboys doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

:muttley:
You just nailed JJ to a tee! That’s our Dallas Cowboys! 23 years worth and more to follow. This front office and coaching staff will never win another super bowl. The homers will always defend JJ, Garrett, Linehan, Marinelli, Dak and last but not least Jeff freakin Heath. JJ will spew his koolaid this offseason and next preseason and the homers will be right there to drink it up. I love my boys and have for 52 years but it is what it is. Nothing to get excited about from year to year. It’s Jerry’s world and we’re just living in it.

morat1959

Reaction score
Jerry has blown through a half dozen coaches since Jimmy. Switzer won a SB with Jimmy's leftovers in spite of himself, and the Cowboys haven't sniffed one since.

Blame Dak, blame JG, make whatever excuse you want. The best decision Jerry ever made was hiring Jimmy, and his ego pushed Jimmy out the door. Since then, mediocrity baby. Win the division and a home playoff game in the wild card round and everyone gets an extension. That's the 21st century Cowboys.
Well said!

morat1959

Reaction score
I feel this is the ‘91 Cowboys. Young team, won a first rd matchup, than ran into a better team in divisional.

If they make the right moves in the offseason and get some luck health wise they will be serious contenders.
Dream on!

Carson

Reaction score
End of the day it’s a game. It shouldn’t have any ramification after it ends.

With that being said, I don’t see how people “switch teams”.

Reaction score
I just want honesty from Jerry and the fans, we have spent a lot of years ‘training’ Garrett, he is a sunk cost the sooner we realize that the sooner we have a chance at really competing. All that said it’s ultimately not JG’s fault, is he supposed to fire himself? If I was a hopelessly mediocre coach and kept being offered millions to coach, so would I.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Is there a pine box with a stone with my name on it?

If not, I'm here for the long haul.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They played two more games than I thought they would a couple of months ago.

The Natural

Reaction score
Im just going to rant here up until tomorrow and then im checking out of football for a while. I was 5 years old the last time these clowns advanced to an nfc championship game and I am so sick and tired of this crap every year.
Sweeping coaching changes are the only thing that could get me excited about this team. Yall talking about that 91 team and making comparisons are in for a rude awakening if Garrett and company come back.

gmb1

Reaction score

That would be nice. We can only dream.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Me too, but the losses don't hurt anymore. I've come to expect them. Now it's just joy when they win.
Agreed. Same here. Even regular season losses used to ruin the next few days following. Now though, it's just another loss. I was hoping for better, but I always expect disappointment from the Dallas Cowboys lol