Anybody know how to find out stats for tackles for loss?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Maybe Adam would know this?

I was just talking to my brother about Ware's possibility to win DPOY and we were talking about how many TFL's he gets and it got me to thinking that he's gotta be near the league lead.. But I can't find any place that has stats on it.. Any help would be appreciated!

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;2348714 said:

I was just talking to my brother about Ware's possibility to win DPOY and we were talking about how many TFL's he gets and it got me to thinking that he's gotta be near the league lead.. But I can't find any place that has stats on it.. Any help would be appreciated!

ESPN's stats include TFLs, although they are accounted for as Stuffs, or "STF." Demarcus has been credited with 3 so far this season, although that strikes me as being somewhat low.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2348814 said:
ESPN's stats include TFLs, although they are accounted for as Stuffs, or "STF." Demarcus has been credited with 3 so far this season, although that strikes me as being somewhat low.
whoa, there's no way that's right.. i've seen him stop a RB behind the line a ton of times.. that has to be way off.. thanks for the info, though..

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;2348714 said:

I've been tracking TFLs using gamebooks from NFL.com. Ware has eight one each game in the first four games and two each against the Bengals and cards.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
goliadmike;2349123 said:
I've been tracking TFLs using gamebooks from NFL.com. Ware has eight one each game in the first four games and two each against the Bengals and cards.
okay, awesome, that sounds much more accurate.. thanks, man! :bow:

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;2349133 said:
okay, awesome, that sounds much more accurate.. thanks, man! :bow:

You're welcome I've been tracking all the 3-4 defensive front seven player stats for the season and will post rankings for each position as soon as all the bye weeks have passed. Ware is tied with Woodley from the Steelers with the most TFLs but woodley already had his bye week. Porter is third with 7 and a bye week. Ratliff is fourth with 5 and leads all nose tackles.

Ware and Porter are tied for first with 10 QB hurries while Ratliff and Woodley are tied for third with 8.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
This stat really underscores the point I made about Ware's run defense having declined this year (though he looked like the 2006 and 2007 version of Ware against the Seahawks). In 2007, he had 20 "stuffs."

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2456406 said:
This stat really underscores the point I made about Ware's run defense having declined this year (though he looked like the 2006 and 2007 version of Ware against the Seahawks). In 2007, he had 20 "stuffs."

Ware didn't have 20 stuffs last year. He was credited with 8.5 (the coaches don't award half-TFLs and credited him with six TFLs). Anywhere that credits him with 20 probably included most of his sacks.

Ware has been credited with six stuffs this season (five TFLs, according to the coaches).

Alex Brown leads the league with 8.5 stuffs --

http://www.sikids.com/football/nfl/stats/2008/defense/0_byDFNS_STUFF.html

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
goliadmike;2349157 said:
You're welcome I've been tracking all the 3-4 defensive front seven player stats for the season and will post rankings for each position as soon as all the bye weeks have passed. Ware is tied with Woodley from the Steelers with the most TFLs but woodley already had his bye week. Porter is third with 7 and a bye week. Ratliff is fourth with 5 and leads all nose tackles.

Ware and Porter are tied for first with 10 QB hurries while Ratliff and Woodley are tied for third with 8.

What source are you using for hurries?