Anybody notice that neither team ran the ball all that well?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Come on the Rams ran 23 times the Bengals 20 times for close to twice as much, let me give you a clue about the sacks the Bengals OL is flat out bad and your twisted view is pretty lame and indefensible, I guess those passes the Rams used at the end was because the Bengals respected that 1.9 yard average. Yes, those3 extra runs won the Rams the game, LOL how do you come up with stuff like this? The Bengal's OL was a turnstile during the year and got worse in the playoffs, so you say run the ball another 10 times with JB as your QB, don't apply for any coaching jobs it's a waste of your time.

You're entitled to your view.. I'll stick with mine.. Continuing to throw the ball when your QB is getting the crap beat out of him while your lead running back is getting 5 yards per carry is just stupid. You like that strategy.. fine.. You get to watch the Cowboys employ it in about half of their games.. Hope you really enjoy it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What was fascinating to me is that Mixon was the best RB on the field and really the only one who was consistently getting anything more than a 2 yard run.. Yet for some reason Cincy refused to lean on him. Especially on the two drives when he was absolutely ROLLIN'. They got into the red zone and went pass happy.. Reminded me of some games I've seen around here.
yes and is why inferior coaches cost the cin players a chance for a SB win.
Same thing for dallas one and done inferior coaches.

Also mixon wasnt used at end of game they went with perrine lol. I dont think much of the cin coaches, they were horrible last year having burrows
throw 68 times in one game lol , that is insane. I think they got him hurt.
Their players got them to SB, coaches did ok at times I guess, but overall are a burden to those players.

Brax

Reaction score
You're entitled to your view.. I'll stick with mine.. Continuing to throw the ball when your QB is getting the crap beat out of him while your lead running back is getting 5 yards per carry is just stupid. You like that strategy.. fine.. You get to watch the Cowboys employ it in about half of their games.. Hope you really enjoy it.
If the Bengals had the Cowboys OL in that game they would of won IMHO, JB was sacked close to 70 times including the SB, it's not about running the ball it's about protecting the passer.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cincy did,but went away from it. Which I think was a mistake.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If the Bengals had the Cowboys OL in that game they would of won IMHO, JB was sacked close to 70 times including the SB, it's not about running the ball it's about protecting the passer.
Did you even watch the 49ers game? If the Bengals had our line they wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Running the ball protects the passer.

It is a source of unending fascination to me that so many people do not understand this simple truism. Very few QBs get hit handing off. None have thrown interceptions or been sacked handing off. Get me 5 road graders who can bang out 200 yards on the ground against any defensive front and you can come help me plan the Super Bowl parade. Oh yeah.. we will also need an OC who will call actual run plays.. If you change nothing else about this team except maintain the running attack we had up to week 6 you can all but guarantee you they make the Super Bowl. Even hurt Dak was deadly when he had a running game to support him. The Cowboys were 6-0 when rushing for at least 100 yards DURING the "slump." And were 11-0 all season when rushing for more than 100. This is no coincidence.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Did you even watch the 49ers game? If the Bengals had our line they wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl.

Yeah a lot of people are still clinging to the notion that the Cowboys offensive line is good. Maybe they have good individual players.. which I believe they do.. but as a unit they stunk out loud for much of this season.. the playoff game included.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah a lot of people are still clinging to the notion that the Cowboys offensive line is good. Maybe they have good individual players.. which I believe they do.. but as a unit they stunk out loud for much of this season.. the playoff game included.
I guess I thought it was more obvious to people, but then again I've put a lot of time & energy into understanding the game. I'm by no means an expert, but I'd LOVE to have anyone provide a playoff game, win or go home, where a team did more to derail a team and then blame the QB who could have played perfect, wasn't that bad in actuality.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I guess I thought it was more obvious to people, but then again I've put a lot of time & energy into understanding the game. I'm by no means an expert, but I'd LOVE to have anyone provide a playoff game, win or go home, where a team did more to derail a team and then blame the QB who could have played perfect, wasn't that bad in actuality.

I hear ya man.. I have come to enjoy the game on a whole different level after the years I spent coaching. When I was a player I learned my assignment inside and out but only glanced at the other guys. Once I started coaching I began to look at every position on the field every snap. It gave me a different perspective on the game. It's hard to say I enjoy it more.. because how the hell can you enjoy watching more than playing.. but it definitely is fun to understand as much of what is going on as possible. Dak did not play well in the playoff game.. But he didn't commit any penalties, drop any balls or miss any blocks/tackles.. The only thing I fault him for is taking too long to take matters into his own hands. He really needs to tell Kellen Moore to shove it with the 75/25 pass/run split and the deep passes on 3rd and 2 more often. And he needs to call his own number 4-5 times a game. 4-5 QB draws for 8-10 yards a pop would have made a HUGE difference in that game. I get that he was compromised coming off the injury.. but that part of his game absolutely needs to come back this season. It just places SO much stress on the defense when they have to worry about that. It opens up so many more things.. particularly the middle of the field passing game because the linebackers have to hold a tick longer before getting into their drops.

Brax

Reaction score
Did you watch the Bengals playoff games and the SB if so, you would know the answer.

DonaldM

Reaction score
I hear ya man.. I have come to enjoy the game on a whole different level after the years I spent coaching. When I was a player I learned my assignment inside and out but only glanced at the other guys. Once I started coaching I began to look at every position on the field every snap. It gave me a different perspective on the game. It's hard to say I enjoy it more.. because how the hell can you enjoy watching more than playing.. but it definitely is fun to understand as much of what is going on as possible. Dak did not play well in the playoff game.. But he didn't commit any penalties, drop any balls or miss any blocks/tackles.. The only thing I fault him for is taking too long to take matters into his own hands. He really needs to tell Kellen Moore to shove it with the 75/25 pass/run split and the deep passes on 3rd and 2 more often. And he needs to call his own number 4-5 times a game. 4-5 QB draws for 8-10 yards a pop would have made a HUGE difference in that game. I get that he was compromised coming off the injury.. but that part of his game absolutely needs to come back this season. It just places SO much stress on the defense when they have to worry about that. It opens up so many more things.. particularly the middle of the field passing game because the linebackers have to hold a tick longer before getting into their drops.
Do you know how to use a space Ronny? Geez as smart as you are. Give us a space. My eyes are dying. Jesus Christ.

Iago33

Reaction score
Each team was able to still try to run the ball because their defense kept the game close. If one team gets well behind then they would not have continued to try running.