Anyone Beginning To Think T.O. May Not Return?...

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
...I know this goes against the CW and I'm not predicting T.O. won't return next year, because Jerry has said he would, (but Jerry also said he would say that about every player on the team at that point in time), but I am beginning to hear some things that make me question whether it's a certainty that T.O. will return.

For example:

1) On his radio interview today, Wade hedged a bit on the question of T.O. returning and said he and Jerry would discuss it and he mentioned the roster bonus that is coming due.

2) Then tonight on his "Around the League" report, Adam Schefter brought up the question about T.O.'s return next season and said Jerry and Wade would discuss it. Schefter then mentioned the cap savings to Dallas if T. O. is not retained. Schefter did not say anything to indicate T.O. was definitely returning next year.

3) Then you add in the curious tidbit about T.O.'s nameplate not being on his locker and the only other player that was missing was Bledsoe (who everyone knows is not coming back) and I begin to wonder if there aren't some signs that say T. O. may not return next year.

Thoughts?

Aikbach

Reaction score
Don't forget the spaceships spotted over Virginia, these ominous signs all point to TO's departure.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
"I've said that he's back, he's here, he's under contract," Jones said. "In the interviews I've just been through (to hire a new coach), it was very clear to me how highly he's thought of and how much of an impact he had on our offensive success."

Having a new, player-friendly coach might help, too.

"I think that it can work," Jones said. "Wade has a good track record, as he said, of working with players. With what I know about Terrell and the relationship I had with Terrell, that's a potential good fit personality-wise and style-wise."

Owens has said he's willing to come back, but isn't sure the team wants him. Just to be safe, he cleared out his locker and stripped off his nameplate. When team owner Jerry Jones gave Phillips a tour of the locker room Thursday night, it was the only nameplate missing.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81277

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Aikbach;1371000 said:
Don't forget the spaceships spotted over Virginia, these ominous signs all point to TO's departure.

:laugh2:

Same type of smarta** responses I received this past Sunday when I posted that Charley Casserly said on the SB pre-game show that in his "reading of the tea leaves" the signs pointed to a DEFENSIVE HIRE as HC and not Norv. Funny how that turned out. :)

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
The Nameplate is probably sumthing T.O had in mind, just to make ESPN go crazy. I'm also just making this up..its a possibility.

Reaction score
Unless you are trading draft picks with Oakland to get Calvin Johnson, its a pipe dream.

Like him or hate him... He will be back

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Not really. We don't have any other options if we let him go. Also, I see no reason to. He wasn't a problem or a distraction to the team at all last year. He stilled scored 13 TDs despite Bledsoe, some injury problems, and all the media induced speculation that surrounded him.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1370995 said:
...I know this goes against the CW and I'm not predicting T.O. won't return next year, because Jerry has said he would, (but Jerry also said he would say that about every player on the team at that point in time), but I am beginning to hear some things that make me question whether it's a certainty that T.O. will return.

For example:

1) On his radio interview today, Wade hedged a bit on the question of T.O. returning and said he and Jerry would discuss it and he mentioned the roster bonus that is coming due.

2) Then tonight on his "Around the League" report, Adam Schefter brought up the question about T.O.'s return next season and said Jerry and Wade would discuss it. Schefter then mentioned the cap savings to Dallas if T. O. is not retained. Schefter did not say anything to indicate T.O. was definitely returning next year.

3) Then you add in the curious tidbit about T.O.'s nameplate not being on his locker and the only other player that was missing was Bledsoe (who everyone knows is not coming back) and I begin to wonder if there aren't some signs that say T. O. may not return next year.

Thoughts?

I think that Jerry said pretty unequivocally either today or yesterday that Owens would be back, and I think what he says trumps the speculation of mediots like Schefter... how do you reckon he'd know whether or not TO is definitely returning this year??

I also think that the infamous missing nameplate doesn't mean jack, inasmuch as Owens himself took it down...

IOW, I think your speculation is kinda silly... or perhaps it might be more accurate to say it's little more than wishful thinking on your part...

As for me, I make it at least 20-1 that ol' Eldorado will be playing in a Cowboys uni next year...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

For example:

Thoughts?

T.O. Will not be returning. Per the NFLN interview down in Miami Terrell will be signed to take his place. ;)

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
If he doesn't we would be shooting our selfs in the foot.

Reaction score
I for one think T.O. will be back in a Cowboys uniform unless they decide to draft a big name WR in the first round and suddenly decide his bonus due in June isn't worth paying out.....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that people will question this until the day he steps foot on the field for Week 1.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He'll be around and he'll be productive. He'll say a few stupid things and people will cry about it. No big deal.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
theogt;1371097 said:
He'll be around and he'll be productive. He'll say a few stupid things and people will cry about it. No big deal.

a man of few words ladies and gentlemen :D

gazmc_06

Reaction score
he ain't going nowhere, every team has a franchise player and he is ours so if we lose owens we lose our franchise player. T.O. is always productive (even with one hand) and that will continue next season thankfully.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score

For example:

Thoughts?

TO took the name plate home to shine it:cool: