Anyone Beginning To Think T.O. May Not Return?...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Oh. We're still discussing whether or not "Terrell" will be back. :rolleyes:

T.O. is ancient history. He won't be back. Terrell will be lighting up your living rooms in a cowboys jersey next year. ;)

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
cowboyschmps3;1371439 said:
T.o. Is Not Going To Leave Hes Playing Here For The Years To Come Aight.......he Is Probably Doing The Name Plate Thing Like That Other Guy On The Thread Said.........i Mean Ppl Cant Stop Inventing **** About My Guy, Terrell Owens He Made Our Offense Look Better U All Know Dat....he Is Tony Romos Best Freind He Wont Leave

i refuse to listen to any thing any one says when they say "...Offense Look Better U All Know Dat" and the word "aight" when ever i hear "aight" i think of a columbian drug lord "aight mane we gonna make him take the blow tell his nose is no more"

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
No way! Another "Is TO gonna be here" thread? Get over it... he will be here (if something crazy happens it will only hurt our team).

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1370995 said:
...I know this goes against the CW and I'm not predicting T.O. won't return next year, because Jerry has said he would, (but Jerry also said he would say that about every player on the team at that point in time), but I am beginning to hear some things that make me question whether it's a certainty that T.O. will return.

For example:

1) On his radio interview today, Wade hedged a bit on the question of T.O. returning and said he and Jerry would discuss it and he mentioned the roster bonus that is coming due.

2) Then tonight on his "Around the League" report, Adam Schefter brought up the question about T.O.'s return next season and said Jerry and Wade would discuss it. Schefter then mentioned the cap savings to Dallas if T. O. is not retained. Schefter did not say anything to indicate T.O. was definitely returning next year.

3) Then you add in the curious tidbit about T.O.'s nameplate not being on his locker and the only other player that was missing was Bledsoe (who everyone knows is not coming back) and I begin to wonder if there aren't some signs that say T. O. may not return next year.

Thoughts?

i thought the goal for most of u was getting to the superbowl. without owens in this offense romo would have a hard time getting going. while some of u dont like owens and that clouds your realistic view on the team with or without him. u take out owens from this offense u get 2005.

owens got on my nerves a little with some comments he made off the field, and im a big supporter of his. but on the field, the guy gave more effort then any other player on the cowboys team every week. u dont cut a guy like that. some of you put more emphasis on his personal life, rather then his football play. he dropped some passes, but he did so much more, like open the offense, and kept the defense honest. how did u like not having that extra safty up on the LOS for the rb's to run thru? u think dallas gets that respect witthout owens?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
we can't get rid of a guy who caught 80+ passes over a 1,000 yards and 13 tds. plus he did this with 2 different qbs and injuries. it would be a lose

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
Hi folks, just to register my name in this wonderful and fresh debate. For my opinions, read my previous 50 posts.

As a side issue, and for once keeping to the thread title, I think they will still be here: to and Terrell.

We can reconvene this time next year (and the other 364 days) to continue the debate!

Have a good evening guys.

Hope you're all getting ready to sit down and watch him in the Pro Bowl tonight like I am. :D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Chrissyboy;1371646 said:
Hi folks, just to register my name in this wonderful and fresh debate. For my opinions, read my previous 50 posts.

As a side issue, and for once keeping to the thread title, I think they will still be here: to and Terrell.

We can reconvine this time next year (and the other 364 days) to continue the debate!

Hope you're all getting ready to sit down and watch him in the Pro Bowl tonight like I am. :D
i though owens isn't in the pro bowl?

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Anyone Beginning To Think T.O. May Not Return?...

No, I'm usually pretty negative.:)

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1371651 said:
i though owens isn't in the pro bowl?

What? He must be! I'd better check the roster...

I'm sure I've had people claiming he is irreplaceable, league leader in TDs, premiere receiver, etc.. etc..

My apologies Roy, just the result of my caustic, Saturday evening sarcasm.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Chrissyboy;1371646 said:

We can reconvene this time next year (and the other 364 days) to continue the debate!

It would be kinda hard to catch balls with a very recent surgically repaired finger. He'll be in the Pro Bowl next year. More importantly, I like our chances of being in the Super Bowl soon with him lighting up the scoreboard.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1371264 said:
I hope so...he is a diffence maker and with his hand/fingers taken care of, he shouldnt be dropping as many balls next yr

but I still wont be surprised if he is gone

David

he'll still drop quite a few, that's his MO, but you can deal w/ that when he's your best WR and probably your O's biggest playmaker

and unless one of our younger guys or a rookie totally blows the coaching staff away, TO will be back next year

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Chrissyboy;1371670 said:
What? He must be! I'd better check the roster...

I'm sure I've had people claiming he is irreplaceable, league leader in TDs, premiere receiver, etc.. etc..

My apologies Roy, just the result of my caustic, Saturday evening sarcasm.

Good stuff. Some say he is the best WR since Jerry Rice. :lmao2:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All I can say that it was a great idea to make his bonus due in June vs. March. This story will get bigger and bigger until then. Lets see how he acts the next few months.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Before T.O: Average offense, struggled to move the ball, weren't versatile enough to make defenses respect the pass. Once TG was taken out the game after Flozel's injury, Keyshawn no longer posed a threat to defenses, so we became obvious and easy to game plan against.

With T.O: One of the highest scoring offenses in the league, two receivers with 1,000 yards and a TE with 700. Two RBs that combined for 1700 yards. He had to have made some difference even without the ball being thrown his way. Look at how well Keyshawn complimented Steve Smith in Carolina, no coincidence they looked almost as pathetic as our 2005 offense.

Not wanting #81 on your team is ridiculous. The only places that the "off the field antics" matter is on internet message boards and newspapers. In the locker room I'm sure guys like Newman and Ware were more upset at Spears and Canty for not getting it done down the stretch, than T.O. for his actions.

jimmy40

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1371017 said:
:laugh2:

Same type of smarta** responses I received this past Sunday when I posted that Charley Casserly said on the SB pre-game show that in his "reading of the tea leaves" the signs pointed to a DEFENSIVE HIRE as HC and not Norv. Funny how that turned out. :)
Well he had a 50-50 shot at either defensive or offensive, too bad the draft doesn't work that way.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
credit the 'boys for makign TO's contract easy to purge.
i'd say this is TOs last season here but if the draft and other things break our way it would not surprise me at all to see him gone before the bonus is due.

the good news is we'll have a few extra "camps" with the new HC to test the waters w/ TO.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If TO is not on the team this upcoming season then I will stop posting here forever. No, I will come back with another username.

THAT is how confident that TO is coming back and that Jerry is no dummy... we need TO and his production.

But by all means... keep creating these TO not with team next season threads... its all about TO :laugh1:

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
since others as well as myself have answered this question a million times this off-season, i think i should try saying this in spanish perhaps so that way perhaps some people will understand.

Si T.O va regresar esta proxima temporada porque lo necesitamos!!! Es uno de nuestros mejores jugadores y no ha hecho nada malo con los Cowboys para que meresca que lo dejemos ir.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Da Hammer;1372750 said:
Si T.O va regresar esta proxima temporada porque lo necesitamos!!! Es uno de nuestros mejores jugadores y no ha hecho nada malo con los Cowboys para que meresca que lo dejemos ir.

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: