Anyone care to explain to me why the skins are 2.5 pt dogs?

zeroburrito

Reaction score
StarWiz2;2412795 said:
Dallas at full strength would blow the Skins out. However, the Commanders have several things going in their favor. One is, Dallas is not at full strength. Two is, Dallas is at half-strength(if not more) in the coaching area. And three is, Dallas has been on an extended vacation over the bye.

So assuming this is the scenario Vegas is following, Dallas gets the 10 for being a superior overall team, but then reality stinks/strikes, so you takeaway 9 because they aren't, and for the various other problems. Makes Dallas a one point favorite.

Personally, I would give Dallas the 10, but assign more points for the handicap, like say, 16. Puts them at 6 pts underdog.

Ultimately it will come down to whether Romo can go the whole game, whether Zorn can outcoach Phillips, (which as we all know shouldn't be too terribly difficult) and whether the Commanders extended vacation over the bye was waaay better than the Cowboys.

weren't we full strength when they demolished us earlier? they are the better team this year. this is not 2007. being the 4th best team in this division is NOTHING to be ashamed of. this division is amazing.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
'Skins upset: you bet
10:58 AM Fri, Nov 14, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore E-mail News tips
Most of the Washington players have publicly downplayed any thoughts they have on finding themselves underdogs at home to the Cowboys.

Thank goodness for this blog that defensive coordinator Greg Blache does not feel the need to be politically correct.

"It bothers me a little bit,'' Blache said. "Like I told my guys, they should be a little upset about it. Here's a team we beat at their place, they are coming to our place and still we're the underdog? It's a little bit of a slight.

"I take it personally and I hope the guys take it personally.''

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2412640 said:
I dont understand it.

They have a better record, they are at home and they beat us once.

Why are we favored?

Doesnt make much sense but I am sure it will be taken note of in the washington locker room.

First they are 11 point dogs on the road and now they are 2.5 pt dogs at home.

Pretty dumb.

The record is MEANINGLESS, cause we were injured with Romo, etc., out, they beat us once means nothing also, at home means something, but MAINLY the reason we are favorites is because they make the line based on who the PUBLIC is gonna bet on, not on who they actually think is gonna win.
Of course it has to do with who they think is gonna win, but they go by what they think the BETTORS will bet, and make a line so that half the bettors will pick the Skins and the other half the Cowboys, and everyone knows the cowboys are getting Newman and Romo back and are hungry for a win and also that Portis is out for the game is a big reason also.

I'm a gambling man, and I think we should win this game NO PROBLEM, ESPECIALLY since Portis is out, if Portis was 100% the line would probably be EVEN.