Anyone else agree with using 10 personnel as the base offense?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Mixing up personnel doesn't necessarily mean changing personnel. You can line Shultz out wide and put Cooper in the slot. Or put Zeke in the slot and let Gallup run a route out of the backfield. WR's on linebackers is a win for the offense, all day long.
Yea - this is what the Rams do.

1 personnel package, bunch of different looks.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Unfortunately FB is not distinguished from RB in the personnel designations.

I'm curious to know how often teams use a 2nd true RB like Pollards role in Memphis.

The other thing that's a bit misleading is that the Rams backup TE plays a fair amount of snaps but he seems more like a big WR at 6-3, 239, 4.59 forty. If he was considered a WR, the Rams would be at about 97% 11 personnel.
That's why I said Noah Brown would need to be involved in 10 personnel.

I agree, there's a big difference between a FB and a two RB set... you'd think they'd have that distinction.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why I said Noah Brown would need to be involved in 10 personnel.

I agree, there's a big difference between a FB and a two RB set... you'd think they'd have that distinction.

It would be nice to have the raw data in regards to the exact players used on each snap.

Then we could select how to group them (i.e. What other players were on the field with Noah Brown. Was Brown always in 3WR, 1RB, 1TE sets, etc..).

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mixing up personnel doesn't necessarily mean changing personnel. You can line Shultz out wide and put Cooper in the slot. Or put Zeke in the slot and let Gallup run a route out of the backfield. WR's on linebackers is a win for the offense, all day long.

That would be "mixing up formations".

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Use it...yes....as base...no. We will give a lot of teams problems early in the season. Would not surprise me at all if we start 4-0 with tweaks that Kellen is making.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Past first?????

If your going to make an arguement....get it right...the first time coming out of your mouth.:mad:

It's PASS....you idiot.

latest