Anyone else as excited as I am about the LB's

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Hard not to be. 3 things I want to happen.

1 - Lee stays healthy. Probly won’t happen for all year.

2 - Jaylon be improved like they are saying he is.

3 - Our new LB be as good as they say.
I will not be surprised if Smith is our best linebacker this season

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It is a talented group. I wish they had one more guy that we could count on given the injury history of the group. That said if Lee, Smith and LVE perform to their physical abilities it can be a special group.
Most of the time there will only be 2 LB’s on the field due to how Marinelli plays defense.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Good to be optimistic and excited but we been there before for many years.
All I care about is for this team as a team to win it all.Anything short of that it is a big disappointment.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Most of the time there will only be 2 LB’s on the field due to how Marinelli plays defense.

Lee injury risk. Smith big question marks. Love them both but probability of 32 games is low. LVE is a bit of a project. Wilson can’t be counted on.

They have depth questions there now. Not harsh analysis just a fact.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not excited but intrigued and hoping that all these guys who can move and cover all mature before our eyes..

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Lee injury risk. Smith big question marks. Love them both but probability of 32 games is low. LVE is a bit of a project. Wilson can’t be counted on.

They have depth questions there now. Not harsh analysis just a fact.
Smith isn't injury prone. The knee is the only injury he's had. I fully expect 16 games out of him. If, and I think it is a big if, LVE can come in and be a good player right away that may allow us to give Lee some plays off, which will reduce his chance of injury. But good luck getting him off the field.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
It is a talented group. I wish they had one more guy that we could count on given the injury history of the group. That said if Lee, Smith and LVE perform to their physical abilities it can be a special group.
If all stay healthy, i believe the D is going to be really good this year. The only part I am a little concerned about is the Dline.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'm more optimistic after word got out that Smith was not wearing a brace. After I did some reading up on LVE, yes I'm excited. Nothing needs to be said about Lee, just stay healthy.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The key will be Jaylon. With the almost guarantee that Lee will miss some games and Hitchens gone, Jaylons flexibility will be key.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Been a minute. I was wondering who else is super excited about the potential of our LBs? If Lee stays healthy (I know, big if) Combining him with Jaylon and LVE this is going to be an excellent LB corp. Everyone who speaks on LVE says he has great range and instincts. They have also compared him to Brian Urlacher. If he is even 75% of what Urlacher was, this could be a real special unit.

I'm more nervous than excited. The only LB right now that anyone can say will play really good is Lee. Smith, had a few good plays in the second half of last season but isn't anywhere close to the thought potential he had prior to his injury. He's been way to inconsistent, out of position, slow to react. Last season he was average at best. LVE hasn't played a single snap in the NFL yet and what a player does in college gives what potential he may have in the NFL but playing college ball and the NFL are 2 different animals. The list is a mile long of players who were thought to be good in the NFL that turned out to be busts. I hope that this isn't the case but I will also wait and see before making any proclamations about how good this LB corp is going to be. Way to many questions that have to be answered first. I hope for the best, but wait to see what happens.

Reaction score
It's hard to be too excited knowing that the chances of Lee staying healthy for the whole season are low, and historically, when he goes out, the defense crumbles. I think Smith is going to progress into a solid player, and I have high hopes for LVE but he's a rookie who hasn't played.

My biggest hope to be honest is that LVE is a maniac who loves studying film and leading the same way as Lee, so that when Lee inevitably goes out, maybe the defense won't fall off a cliff as badly, but I have no idea if that will happen.