anyone else catch Romo...

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
on the NFL Network postgame PC?

Whoa! He looked and sounded like he was literally going to breakdown any second. This was HAAAAAARD on him. To his credit, he sucked it up like a man and stepped right up to take the blame for the WHOLE LOSS. Not just "I shoulda held on to the ball" but "I am the reason we lost this game and I apologize to the players, the fans, and the Cowboys organization".

Seriously. He looked just shy of devastated. I feel horrible for the guy.

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;1295638 said:

Whoa! He looked and sounded like he was literally going to breakdown any second. This was HAAAAAARD on him. To his credit, he sucked it up like a man and stepped right up to take the blame for the WHOLE LOSS. Not just "I shoulda held on to the ball" but "I am the reason we lost this game and I apologize to the players, the fans, and the Cowboys organization".

I didn't hear him but, if that's what he said, it isn't even true.
Seattle would have taken the kickoff and would have had at least a 66.7% chance of driving down within range of Josh Brown, and Seattle would have won 25 to 24.
The ending would have been different, but we would have lost anyway.
I know because I've seen it happen just like that so many times.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
He just made millions as the Pete Rose of the NFL. Of course he is about to break down in tears.

I don't trust the guy, plain and simple.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
CaptainQuint;1295698 said:
I didn't hear him but, if that's what he said, it isn't even true.
Seattle would have taken the kickoff and would have had at least a 66.7% chance of driving down within range of Josh Brown, and Seattle would have won 25 to 24.
The ending would have been different, but we would have lost anyway.
I know because I've seen it happen just like that so many times.

I was thinking the same thing, but the cowboys D was playing pretty solid...

BTW: it woulda been 24-23 if that happened...

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
"I don't trust the guy, plain and simple." If you mean Romo or Bledsoe at the start of the season neither did I. I trust Romo now to be our starter at QB next season now. He knows as QB he gets all the glory or all the grief and that he has a ways to get there in either case.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1295732 said:
He just made millions as the Pete Rose of the NFL. Of course he is about to break down in tears.

That's a pretty serious implication you're making. You think Romo threw the game? Without any evidence an accusation like this is pretty damn irresponsible and cowardly.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score

How don't you trust him? To not do something stupid? With the game on the line? What?

I do trust him. I think we desperately need to draw up less predictable game plans and improve our o-line, and Romo will be a Pro-Bowl QB next year as well. We had some very, very bad luck tonight that usually NEVER happens. When was the last time you saw Glenn fumble after a catch - at our own goal line - for a SAFETY? When was the last time you saw Romo - who has held all year - botch the snap - on the go-ahead field goal?

Karma was not with us on this game, my friends.

But Romo SHOULD be our QB next year. I cannot recall the last time I saw someone seek out the harsh spotlight the way he did in the PC. Parcells may want to have someone spend the night with him so he doesn't do something stupid.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan;1295772 said:
"I don't trust the guy, plain and simple." If you mean Romo or Bledsoe at the start of the season neither did I. I trust Romo now to be our starter at QB next season now. He knows as QB he gets all the glory or all the grief and that he has a ways to get there in either case.

I think you misunderstood me. My trust in Romo has declined throughout the season, and is now at an all time low.

If we somehow pulled this game out, I would have pulled for Bledsoe to start next week.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score

Are you serious?

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1295811 said:
That's a pretty serious implication you're making. You think Romo threw the game? Without any evidence an accusation like this is pretty damn irresponsible and cowardly.

Evidence? Watch the replay.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;1295638 said:

Yeah his apology makes us feel a whole lot better.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;1295815 said:
How don't you trust him? To not do something stupid? With the game on the line? What?

I do trust him. I think we desperately need to draw up less predictable game plans and improve our o-line, and Romo will be a Pro-Bowl QB next year as well. We had some very, very bad luck tonight that usually NEVER happens. When was the last time you saw Glenn fumble after a catch - at our own goal line - for a SAFETY? When was the last time you saw Romo - who has held all year - botch the snap - on the go-ahead field goal?

But Romo SHOULD be our QB next year. I cannot recall the last time I saw someone seek out the harsh spotlight the way he did in the PC. Parcells may want to have someone spend the night with him so he doesn't do something stupid.
He compared him to Pete Rose. The implication is that Romo threw the game. probably the worst thing one could say about our quarterback

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1295824 said:
I think you misunderstood me. My trust in Romo has declined throughout the season, and is now at an all time low.

If we somehow pulled this game out, I would have pulled for Bledsoe to start next week.

Another example of losing making people do and say crazy, indefensible things.

You would have started "Stonehenge" next week? :laugh2:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1295833 said:
Evidence? Watch the ****ing replay.
\

Can you please go back in hiding?

You had that long writeup about not being attached to the Cowboys and now your here feeding us this crap.

:bang2:

Jay

Reaction score
Hey Tuna Helper, what the hell are you smoking over there in Baton Rouge?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1295833 said:
Evidence? Watch the ****ing replay.
That is at best highly circumstantial evidence. It's perfectly conceivable and highly likely that he just ***** up . Making such an accusation without any tangible evidence of him throwing the game is irresponsible.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;1295815 said:

:lmao2:

You are silly if you think that a scrub like Romo doesn't bet money on games, including the ones that he plays in. He doesn't make mega bucks like a first round pick, or a Tom Brady.

Glenn? Maybe Glenn has his share of the prize money locked up. I don't trust that mofo either.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
That was a huge game for a half season starter. look at the whole sixty minutes. Romo wasn't alone out there.