Anyone else concerned about Jaylon?

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I've not been impressed with him....sure made some tackles but missed plenty too, took bad angles, etc, etc...I dunno...he'll probably figure it out guys one of the hardest working people on the team. Overall I'm not super concerned, need a few more games to see.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Through two games I’ve seen the Jaylon that goes one way, when the play goes the other way like his first year.......On the TD earlier in the game he went the opposite way and almost lost his shoes. A little concerning.

Yeah that was a poor play, but other than that one he seemed to play ok. There's probably more of a microscope on him now as we all evaluate his play post contract.

Bottom line even the best players miss plays. Are Commanders fans worried about Ryan Kerrigan because of the tackles he missed today?

Bizwah

Reaction score
He looked good running down AP to stop him short of the goal line in the first quarter.

Of course, AP would score two plays later.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I think he is doing alright. THe more he plays, his instincts get better.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He’s good straight ahead and sideline to sideline but he turns like a sail boat.

100%

Jaylon is at his best in straight lines or trying to beat someone to a point. He’s at his worst breaking down in space and moving laterally.

Sydla

Reaction score
No.

You worried about LVE? In the first game, he got beat for the Giants first TD.

It happens.

sideon

Reaction score
Why just Jaylon? The whole defense hasn't been that great if we're being honest. It's easy to focus on him because he just got paid, but who has stood out on defense so far?
Yeah I was gonna say....it’s hard to complain about giving up less than 20 points a game.
That's a simplistic way to view things, this defense has given up plays but they haven't paid for it yet because the offenses they've faced have been terrible. Good teams are going to abuse Byron Jones.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Through two games I’ve seen the Jaylon that goes one way, when the play goes the other way like his first year.......On the TD earlier in the game he went the opposite way and almost lost his shoes. A little concerning.
Aven both Jaylon and our weakside second year fenom are being graded low..i am very concerned....what is going on?....our Defense seems suspect in general to me in comparison to much of latter last year..maybe its all the guys that rehabed during training camp?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Clear eye view, we is elite...

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
More concerned about the entire defense.
jazzcat...EXACTLY..very concerned about our supposed "elite" defense....it lands on Marinelli and Richarrd...better figure it out before week 4 and after....and injuries too...Woods sprained MCL...Gallup going for MRI for kneed too

not too bad compared to some others...but i do not trust our defense

JGRXXN

Reaction score
I do know he had a very awkward run/limp when they showed a replay

Reactions: BAT

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i'm more worried about how often the linebackers have been put out of position because of playcalling. they are played deep like safeties hence the flats are open.
Fizz---what is going on with Richarrd????...Marinelli better step in....last year our presnap defense positioning was fantastic

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s good straight ahead and sideline to sideline but he turns like a sail boat.
Catch--something clearly wrong with our linebackers in general....see over praise them last year...they ate their own cheese now came back to bite em

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Last week he was amped and overrunning things. That's always been an issue with him though. He so aggressive once he commits and he gets to barreling along and can't roll back.

Today though, he didn't seem physically right to me. I've mentioned it in a few threads. I saw his knees buckle multiple times and he was moving very awkwardly. Most telling of all though, is I saw him standing still, flat footed multiple times. That's completely unlike him. He's always moving.

I would be surprised to hear he's either injured or concussed.
Theres was a shot on tv where he was jogging and his leg just didnt look right honestly.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i'm more worried about how often the linebackers have been put out of position because of playcalling. they are played deep like safeties hence the flats are open.
Fizz--also all these guys get paid and without fail they dont play as good.....i dont get it