Anyone else find this unbelievably hilarious....

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Find me one, only one, Cowboy fan who can prove that he/she bought single game tickets directly from the Commanders and I will be your personal slave for a year.

What exactly is it that a "personal slave" does?

I think Brain will keep you very busy this year.

My friend is on the Season ticket waiting list, and he is constantly bombarded by offers from the Commanders to buy single-game club tickets.

Here is the subject heading from an email he got during week 1:

From: Washington Commanders [mailto:RedskinsNow@Commanders.com]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 1:34 PM
To: Commanders Fan
Subject: Tickets to Commanders vs. Tampa Bay Available!

And here is the graphic that accompanied it:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v321/Schenk/RedskinsTickets.bmp

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Unbelievably Hilarious ? Come now. Only people that were here to troll havent been back and the one that was banned most likely deserved it from a few of the posts that I read.

Unknowledgable Commanders Fans ? Please. I know more than my share of Cowboys Fans that cant even tell you who their back up QB is, yet alone the starting RB.

All teams unfortunately have idiot fans. I have seen a few here from time to time and a few visitors here from other teams as well.

Classless might be a little strong as far as choice of words. Ashamed, Disappointed, Pissed, Disgusted, those words fit a little better right now.

It was a hard fought game and you can call it excuse making if you choose. No one that I have seen is making excuses. just trying to justify what happened from our point of view. Bad Calls, Bad Clock management, and some poor playing on both sides of the ball is what I saw. You can call it what you want. But just like Giants game, as poorly as the Commanders played the game shouldnt have been that close.

And as far as the stadium is concerned the Yellow Seats are the Club level and a lot of those fans go into Hooters or the Cigar bar or even just lounge around and watch the rest on the plasma screens towards the end of games. It is always like that. It isnt because they left the game they just want to enjoy some of the perks of spending that kinda cash for 10 games a year.

No, classless pretty much hits the nail on the head. While many are good, wholesome fans who I respect, the classless bunch more than makes up for that. And if its not excuses, then what would you call it? Saying you lost the game because of bad calls is petty BS that you could potentially say about every game in history. Thats the way the ball bounces, you get some calls, sometimes you dont. You gots lots of unfair calls that helped you as well. Washinton had every chance because Dallas didnt bring their A game but they blew it, simple as that.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
Danny White said:
What exactly is it that a "personal slave" does?

I think Brain will keep you very busy this year.

My friend is on the Season ticket waiting list, and he is constantly bombarded by offers from the Commanders to buy single-game club tickets.

Here is the subject heading from an email he got during week 1:

And here is the graphic that accompanied it:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v321/Schenk/RedskinsTickets.bmp

You are mistaking the spirit of the message. The discussion was about the supposed conspiracy, brought forward by BP, wherein the Commanders as an organization hold back a hidden cache of tickets from their fans in order to sell those same tickets at an inflated price to fans of other teams.The discussion never included the club seats or people on the season ticket waiting list. You didn't post the entire email either. I am sure that the offer included a caveat that it was necessary to purchase a club seat lease or someother premium plan.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
You are mistaking the spirit of the message. The discussion was about the supposed conspiracy, brought forward by BP, wherein the Commanders as an organization hold back a hidden cache of tickets from their fans in order to sell those same tickets at an inflated price to fans of other teams.The discussion never included the club seats or people on the season ticket waiting list. You didn't post the entire email either. I am sure that the offer included a caveat that it was necessary to purchase a club seat lease or someother premium plan.

Monte:
I understand the spirit of your debate with Brain. For what it's worth, I think my friend Brain is wrong with his conspiracy theory. But the fact of the matter is that you CAN buy single game tickets from the Commanders organization.

And I most certainly DID post the entire email (minus my friends' email address). That is the message in its entirety. If you choose not to believe me... fine. I don't think anyone actually expected you to become his personal slave.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Monte51Coleman said:

In my last post I never said they would set them to the side just for opposing fans.

I said they would set some of them back in order to make a better profit.

Now that may indeed be a conspiracy and I will admit so, however it still seems to show that some CAN and DO buy single game tickets (per danny's evidence) from the Skins.

Another thing to consider of a possible reason why some are set back....the front office may know that many do not want to buy a full seasons worth of games therefore they set a few back for some games during the season.

Either way from the evidence that Danny provided it is hard to say that they do not sell single game tickets...when the guy is being sent an email asking him if he wants to buy a single game ticket....and the funny part about all of it is...how can they have those tickets if they have a waiting list for season tickets?

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Monte:
I understand the spirit of your debate with Brain. For what it's worth, I think my friend Brain is wrong with his conspiracy theory. But the fact of the matter is that you CAN buy single game tickets from the Commanders organization.

And I most certainly DID post the entire email (minus my friends' email address). That is the message in its entirety. If you choose not to believe me... fine. I don't think anyone actually expected you to become his personal slave.

Sorry Danny,
I thought that there must have been some text missing. Has your friend, or anyone else that you know, ever called to find out the details of the deal? There must be more to it like I posted earlier. If it is not only club seats that are offered then there will be an investigation that would make Watergate look like a kindergarden party. Lord knows we take the Commanders much more seriously than a silly little burglary.

BTW- It is apparent that if club seats are available on a game by game basis that none were purchased by Cowboy fans because we all know that none of them would leave early. :)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
BTW- It is apparent that if club seats are available on a game by game basis that none were purchased by Cowboy fans because we all know that none of them would leave early. :)

That's twice today you've made me laugh, Monte, and I mean that in a good way...

You've got some smart*ss in you, and I like it... keep it up...