Anyone Else Get The Feeling Mazi has a Little Micah in Him?

conner01

Reaction score
We all talk about what an athlete Micah is, but Mazi is an athlete in his own right, has a 9.99 RAS. Micah Parsons has a 9.5ish.. Just to get a sense of what we're working with. Mazi was big and strong when he came in as a freshman, and his coaches said he just kept getting better and better. So he's been on a consistent trajectory of getting better, and the more you watch him, the more you see he has the kind of strength to play 1T and 3T. So he gives you that, and will obviously help you against the run off the bat, especially if you pair him with a guy like Hankins.

Plus, he just has that fire in him to get better.
He’s very athletic for his size. He’s not as athletic as Micah and could never be. They are both freakish athletes though
The key with smith is can he be a guy that impacts the passing game. If he can, he’s gonna be a steal. He has the physical ability for sure.

conner01

Reaction score
While I agree the guys you mention are 1 of a kind, this does not mean no one will ever come along who is better. Someday all of these players will be surpassed by players in the future. It is just the nature of things.

But at the same time, it is not unreasonable to say that Mazi has a Micah-like desire to improve himself as a player. This doesn't mean he will ever achieve the level of success as Micah, but it is still a very desirable characteristic in a player you draft.
The difference in todays athletes and those of the 80’s is dramatic. Especially the shear numbers of freakish athletes. One can only imagine what they will be like 30 years from now

BlindFaith

Reaction score
The difference in todays athletes and those of the 80’s is dramatic. Especially the shear numbers of freakish athletes. One can only imagine what they will be like 30 years from now
It will be robots and AI.

You'll be able to pay a premium and control your favorite bot.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Micah-type defensive players come around once every blue moon. No. Mazi has no Micah in him.
We can hope he will help Micah be more Micah.
I'll tried of seeing quarterbacks escape the edge rush by stepping up in the pocket.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I hope! Could use a dog in the middle.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They're not going to pair him with Hankins. Maybe on 3rd/4th and 1 or less.
I think he'll be paired with Hankins on first down, with Hankins at the 1 and Mazi at the 3, and obvious run downs, such as short yardage.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
For the record, I'm mostly talking about athleticism and work ethic.
And I agree with you. Mazi talks just like Micah did when he got here. You can tell he's a leader and the game means everything to him. Exactly the kind of players you build the defense around.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm just smitten on a 1st round pick for a DT. Relax and enjoy the journey.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This is accurate. He didn’t actually have an RAS Score of 9.99. His actual numbers were way below that article.

He is an athletic guy for someone his size, and he has plenty of athleticism to have an impact at his position… but 9.99 is fantasy.
Mazi said that those numbers were when he was 310.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't expect Parsons-type results from Mazi. His production remains to be seen. If he just provides satisfactory results, I'll be satisfied. Expecting anything more than that would understandably be premature.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We all talk about what an athlete Micah is, but Mazi is an athlete in his own right, has a 9.99 RAS. Micah Parsons has a 9.5ish.. Just to get a sense of what we're working with. Mazi was big and strong when he came in as a freshman, and his coaches said he just kept getting better and better. So he's been on a consistent trajectory of getting better, and the more you watch him, the more you see he has the kind of strength to play 1T and 3T. So he gives you that, and will obviously help you against the run off the bat, especially if you pair him with a guy like Hankins.

Plus, he just has that fire in him to get better.
I think the desire to improve is an important, but often overlooked trait in draft picks.

ghst187

Reaction score
I don't have any feeling Mazi has a little Micah in him .
Me either. I saw Micah on Micah’s college tape when he took over games.
Never saw that with Mazi. I’m hoping he is a better pro than college player and his athleticism translates to more playmaking.

stinkface

Reaction score
Not even close. He's a space eater who may get 3 or 4 sacks a season and keep the other team from running up the middle. There is no explosion to his game, but that doesn't mean he's not a good player in a position of need for us.