Anyone else (kinda) hoping we pick O-line at 10?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I want OT at 10 all the way. Guy can get a starting CB at 44.

You obviously didnt get to watch many of last years games. Or do you turn off when the other team have the ball.

O-Line will have to be patched with the walking wounded and sign some free agent veterans to reduce Smith/Collins downs.

No point scoring 40 pts a game if the opposition score 41.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So lets get this right.....

1) First 4 games of 2020 we accumulated 2,038 yards and still went 1-3.
2) Have the 2nd worst Run Defense in the NFL.
3) A defense that let Washington average 145 yards in the two games.
4) Lost both Safeties and fears that Diggs may get exposed on his own
5) Break out season by Schultz and Jarwin returning.

....and you consider a Tight End with the first pick......and one that's best attribute is his receiving.:huh:.

I call you out as being JJ in disguise. ;)
:laugh:

Jerry loves sizzle.
Pitts is a game changer.
Galloway is likely gone after this year.
Dak just signed a mega deal.
Dak needs weapons.

All = Pitts.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Me too, I want to rebuild the OL. Tyron was good but he’s a little too old now and I’m not sold on Steele or Knight. I have less confidence in the OGs with the two Connors. I do like Biadasz at C. Honestly they could use the 1st 3 pick on the OL and I’d be happy about it.

if they do some kind of frufru draft with TEs(other then Pitts), WRs, S....to me that’s a total waste. A DT would be nice too and a LB because someone needs to make about 100 tackles next year.

Yes to one O line in the top two picks.

reddyuta

Reaction score
pciking Oline is the best route for us and it has worked out amazingly in previous years ,our Oline is more fragile than people think.sure we want out Tackles back but both has very serious injuries and they may never be able to come back and play 16 games.

Sydla

Reaction score
pciking Oline is the best route for us and it has worked out amazingly in previous years ,our Oline is more fragile than people think.sure we want out Tackles back but both has very serious injuries and they may never be able to come back and play 16 games.

Its worked out amazingly for us? Really? What have we won investing as much as we have in the OL?

The fact that people think the only way to build a great OL is to throw high picks at OL is weird to me. Especially when you saw a team win the SB with mostly a patched together OL.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Agreed.

You want Dak to be good? Ask him to do less and fix the OL and Zeke.

Having Dak carry the team more only makes us worse. Get back to what made this team sorta special.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its worked out amazingly for us? Really? What have we won investing as much as we have in the OL?

The fact that people think the only way to build a great OL is to throw high picks at OL is weird to me. Especially when you saw a team win the SB with mostly a patched together OL.

I honestly don't know what we can do.

People want to build a defense but playing Defense in todays NFL is not something I see as reliable.

I think our best defense was keep away with Zeke.

I just don't see a path for this team to have success without the OL and Zeke rolling because Dak's not distancing us from mediocrity with his arm and the defense will be lucky if they are mediocre.

Sydla

Reaction score
Agreed.

You want Dak to be good? Ask him to do less and fix the OL and Zeke.

Having Dak carry the team more only makes us worse. Get back to what made this team sorta special.

Which wasn't all that good.

Until you make an investment in the defense and make it even average to good, this franchise is going nowhere. You want to keep throwing first round picks at OL? Have at it. The return on that investment won't be all that great.

Sydla

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what we can do.

People want to build a defense but playing Defense in todays NFL is not something I see as reliable.

I think our best defense was keep away with Zeke.

I just don't see a path for this team to have success without the OL and Zeke rolling because Dak's not distancing us from mediocrity with his arm and the defense will be lucky if they are mediocre.

You have to field a respectable D. Not great, not elite, just respectable if you can pair it with a real offense. At the end of the day, this offense isn't what is holding this franchise back. It's the defense.

Why can other teams build good OLs without throwing all these first round picks at guys? I missed the math where all of you have concluded we can only build great OLs to protect Dak with first round picks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Which wasn't all that good.

Until you make an investment in the defense and make it even average to good, this franchise is going nowhere. You want to keep throwing first round picks at OL? Have at it. The return on that investment won't be all that great.

Yeah..

I don't know what to do and don't think any decision they make matters.

Tyron is going down hill quick and who knows about La'el.. If Tyron can't play or just wakes up and retires then this team is in trouble quick. Especially when we have to face Chase Young twice a year for a decade.

I'm fine with investing in defense but I would really just take the best player at 10 and if thats an OL then im more then fine with that.

Defensively all we can ask for is about what MArinelli trotted out there. Don't give up big plays and allow FG's instead of TD's. Getting JAylon off the field would go a long way too.

Creeper

Reaction score
At this point I have no idea what the best move is for Dallas, they are so imbalanced towards the offense now I think drafting offense at #10 is insane but looking at the board, I worry any defensive pick a #10 will be a bust.

garyv

Reaction score
Or trade down a bit and then pick O-line?

I also wouldn't mind Pitts (he's elite) as he's a gamechanger and would be a decent pick at 10.

Not sure the CB prospects warrant a pick at 10?

I want a CB BUT my heart is kind of with OL Slater

Verdict

Reaction score
If we don't trade down my preference would be:

OL
WR
CB

So short answer, no, not hoping for it, but I think that OL would give the best value there.

I think the value (BPA) is possibly shaping up to be Slater, Pitts or Sewell at #10. But what do I know? lol

Verdict

Reaction score
At this point I have no idea what the best move is for Dallas, they are so imbalanced towards the offense now I think drafting offense at #10 is insane but looking at the board, I worry any defensive pick a #10 will be a bust.

Good chance taking at defender at #10 will be a rueage pick on down the line.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Just saw this... looks like all chances of drafting a top 10 OT are dead.

I would NOT be pushing out future guaranteed money to two guys who are breaking down right now, but that's just how Dallas rolls.

Interesting that they restructured Collins over Cooper. Both signed 5 year deals in 2020, but Amari has an easy-out after his second year and I guess the Cowboys want to keep that in their pocket.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think the value (BPA) is possibly shaping up to be Slater, Pitts or Sewell at #10. But what do I know? lol
I don't think Sewell drops, but Slater, Pitts and Waddle would be my guess.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Slater is the only guy I’d take at 10, and only if my favorite defender isn’t there.
Slater is the best OL athlete, so he would start at LG on day 1 and really pair well with Smith in the run game. I’m not taking Sewell because he’s not going to play OT right away, and Slater will be a better G.

All that said, I want a pass rusher, CB, or MLB at 10. Trade down would be great because I think we can retool this D with 4-5 rookies starting or rotating.