Anyone ever had food poisoning?

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
I warmed up 5 frozen hotwings in the microwave before I went to bed and ate them. They weren't good at all but I had them anyway. I also have a few slices of Jalapeno peppers. I wake up this morning at 2:30 with my stomach in a huge knot. I bet I've thrown up at least 20 times since then. I can't even drink water without it coming back up. I have been absolutely miserable. Does this sound like food poisoning? I think it is.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
i had it once ... terribly ill for about 2 full days but the vomiting stopped after the initial 3-4 times. most poisoning though is going to take a while to hit you b/c it has to pass through your intestines, so bedtime to 2:30 am might suggest something different like the flu.

Huntstyle

Reaction score
Yeah sounds like it could be a stomach virus. I had food poisoning very bad one time when I was on vacation in Florida. It was about 2:30am when it hit me as well, but this was from dinner around 6pm, so yeah it would take a while to hit you. Turns out it was the ranch salad dressing, my sister got it too, though not nearly as bad as me. I made a 14 hour stay in the emergency room, and they had to give me 5 doses of something that they said 3 is usually the max of to get me to stop vomiting. On top of that I had probably the worst sunburn of my entire life! Good vacation...

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had it just like that a couple of times.
Clams on the half shell. Went to bed, woke up at around that time, and spent the time vomiting and worse for hours.

I went to the hospital once, got some kind of shot and don't know what that did. The second time I just dealt with it, called in sick and slept the day away.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
Yes...I got it from a vending machine sandwich.

My condition was so bad that I got pneumonia shortly afterwards...

I lost about 35 lbs, I looked like a skeleton...I thought I was dying man...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Yes... and outside of pneumonia, it's the worst I've ever felt...

I got food poisoning in Playa del Carmen and it took 2 days away from my vacation.

On the plus side, I broke the world record for distance on projectile vomiting... :thumbup:

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Yup. I got it from a burritto out of the cooler at Trader Joe's 2 years ago. 2 hours later, vomit time. Puked about 10 times until 7am the next morning and felt like dogcrap for the next two days. I ended up taking 4 days off of work (1 more day just to make sure and another day because, well just because) that week.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;3229322 said:
Yes...I got it from a vending machine sandwich.

My condition was so bad that I got pneumonia shortly afterwards...

I lost about 35 lbs, I looked like a skeleton...I thought I was dying man...

That's unreal. I bet that was terrible.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Huntstyle;3229309 said:
Yeah sounds like it could be a stomach virus. I had food poisoning very bad one time when I was on vacation in Florida. It was about 2:30am when it hit me as well, but this was from dinner around 6pm, so yeah it would take a while to hit you. Turns out it was the ranch salad dressing, my sister got it too, though not nearly as bad as me. I made a 14 hour stay in the emergency room, and they had to give me 5 doses of something that they said 3 is usually the max of to get me to stop vomiting. On top of that I had probably the worst sunburn of my entire life! Good vacation...

I'll be headed that way if I keep throwing up water like in the Exorcist much longer.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Yep, in 1974 coming home from Cheyenne Wyoming my mom and dad and i stopped at a little mexican fast food place that will remain nameless(they are still going strong today) in Newcastle Wyoming and got some chow. By the time we got to South Dakota we were sick as dogs and we were all sick for sevral days.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Yup, sounds like it. You really should go to the doctors. My mom is especially suseptable to that stuff when it comes to burgers for some reason (she stopped eating them as a result) and she's had her stomach pumped two or three times because of it.

I've had it once from eating a chicken sandwich at burgerking and it was the most misrable night and day of my life. Projectile vomit and the whole 9, absolutely terrible and it always seems to strike in the early AM.

kmp77

Reaction score
I've had it once...stupid Sonic. I've never been sicker. 2 days of feeling like crud. Stuff coming out both ends...AT THE SAME TIME! I think I lost 12 pounds over those 2 days, best diet I've ever been on.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3229378 said:
yep

McD's

I **** for hours

That ain't food poisoning, amigo. That's the normal effect McDs has on humans.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
kmp77;3229415 said:
I've had it once...stupid Sonic. I've never been sicker. 2 days of feeling like crud. Stuff coming out both ends...AT THE SAME TIME! I think I lost 12 pounds over those 2 days, best diet I've ever been on.

Yeah it's like a pressure washer out of the other end. I need to lose about 10 lbs. That makes me feel a little better.

I just drank a glass of water and a Coke. Hope it stays there.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Jon88;3229283 said:
I warmed up 5 frozen hotwings in the microwave before I went to bed and ate them. They weren't good at all but I had them anyway. I also have a few slices of Jalapeno peppers. I wake up this morning at 2:30 with my stomach in a huge knot. I bet I've thrown up at least 20 times since then. I can't even drink water without it coming back up. I have been absolutely miserable. Does this sound like food poisoning? I think it is.

how much did you have to drink before this? :D

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Sounds like food poisoning to me. If it continues at the rate you are describing for too much longer or if your tongue starts looking discolored (black), then it might be a good idea to go to a Doctor to get an IV.

Ask someone to go get you some pedialyte. It is for little children normally, but it is the best possible thing for rehydrating your body these situations. It does not contain the sugar that gatorade or those type of drinks have, so it will be easier on your system.

After a few days of feeling normal again, you might want to get some iron pills and take a thirty day cycle to get your level back up to where it should be. Food poisoning normally knocks your iron levels for a loop.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3229471 said:
Sounds like food poisoning to me. If it continues at the rate you are describing for too much longer or if your tongue starts looking discolored (black), then it might be a good idea to go to a Doctor to get an IV.

Ask someone to go get you some pedialyte. It is for little children normally, but it is the best possible thing for rehydrating your body these situations. It does not contain the sugar that gatorade or those type of drinks have, so it will be easier on your system.

After a few days of feeling normal again, you might want to get some iron pills and take a thirty day cycle to get your level back up to where it should be. Food poisoning normally knocks your iron levels for a loop.

Thanks for the advice. That's what I'll do.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Jon88;3229283 said:

Yes, it is. My guess is you're not just firing from the mouth either! :laugh2: