Anyone ever had food poisoning?

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;3229574 said:
Yes, it is. My guess is you're not just firing from the mouth either! :laugh2:

You are right. I could open up a pressure washing business right now.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Jon88;3229582 said:

remind me never to ask you to wash anything for me!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Jon88;3229582 said:

I suggest the following. Get some watermelon. It will probably be the first thing you can eat once your body starts to calm down. It contains lots of liquid which you will direly need while also returning a lot of vitamins and minerals that your body is losing.

It is a lot better for you at this point than just drinking water. The other option I recommend if you don't like watermelon is Pedialyte. (probably the better option too) It tastes like a thick kool-aid or Gatoraid, but it is stacked with what your body needs to replace. (it's what you give baby's when they are doing what you're doing)

Pedialyte is also the absolute cure for a hangover too ;) Though, it doesn't remove the alcohol. If you're drunk; well, You're drunk!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I don't know if it was food poisoning but the last time I ate at The Cowboys Corral in Valley Ranch I regretted it about 3 hours later. is that place still open?

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;3229648 said:
I suggest the following. Get some watermelon. It will probably be the first thing you can eat once your body starts to calm down. It contains lots of liquid which you will direly need while also returning a lot of vitamins and minerals that your body is losing.

It is a lot better for you at this point than just drinking water. The other option I recommend if you don't like watermelon is Pedialyte. (probably the better option too) It tastes like a thick kool-aid or Gatoraid, but it is stacked with what your body needs to replace. (it's what you give baby's when they are doing what you're doing)

I'll get some pedialyte. I'm allergic to watermelon. Same with other melons, bananas, and cantalope. They all make my mouth start itching. Thanks for the advice.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Jon88;3229668 said:
I'll get some pedialyte. I'm allergic to watermelon. Same with other melons, bananas, and cantalope. They all make my mouth start itching. Thanks for the advice.

...advice - the pedialyte. It will get the electrolytes back up faster.

If you ever encounter this again, your body is doing the best thing by getting rid of the source of the food poisoning through vomiting.

Don't drink carbonated beverages, don't eat solids, just sip either the pedialyte or if that's not available buy Gingerale and stir it with a spoon in a glass for five minutes to get rid of the carbonation.

BTW there no such thing as a stomach virus, what you have is salmonella or crytosporidium bacteria incubating in you now.

Take it easy and get healthy.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Jon88;3229668 said:
I have that same allergy, and it also includes avocados. I still eat the melons and bananas cuz I have to have em every now and then.... but I use it as an excuse not to eat avocados or guacamole :)

adamc91115

Reaction score
Yup, bad chicken thighs...
Woke up at 4am vomiting, and that was only the beginning. The 2 days following that were the worst 2 days of my life. Anything I ate was coming right back out 5 minutes later.
Just keep yourself hydrated as best you can.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Jon88;3229381 said:
I'll be headed that way if I keep throwing up water like in the Exorcist much longer.

Chew on some ice. Don't allow yourself to become dehydrated.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;3236599 said:
Chew on some ice. Don't allow yourself to become dehydrated.

It's been 2 days and I'm still a little queasy. I was violently ill. There's not many things I hate worse than throwing up. It's terrible.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Jon88;3238740 said:
It's been 2 days and I'm still a little queasy. I was violently ill. There's not many things I hate worse than throwing up. It's terrible.

I feel for ya... I threw up several times watching the Cowboys today...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Jon88;3229283 said:
I warmed up 5 frozen hotwings in the microwave before I went to bed and ate them. They weren't good at all but I had them anyway. I also have a few slices of Jalapeno peppers. I wake up this morning at 2:30 with my stomach in a huge knot. I bet I've thrown up at least 20 times since then. I can't even drink water without it coming back up. I have been absolutely miserable. Does this sound like food poisoning? I think it is.

Yes it does and I ended up in the emergency room because I also had a 3 day migraine that would not go away, fever and chills followed by hot flashes. Plus I had it coming out both ends (I was at an army base)

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I'm finding some humor in this thread -- Who'd have thought that a discussion about projectile vomit, migraines, etc. would be a welcome break from thinking about the game?

Having said that, hope you feel better soon Jon88.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
ZeroClub;3240111 said:
I'm finding some humor in this thread -- Who'd have thought that a discussion about projectile vomit, migraines, etc. would be a welcome break from thinking about the game?

Thanks. I feel a lot better.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Jon88;3241083 said:
Thanks. I feel a lot better.

Don't forget those iron pills! You can buy them over the counter pretty cheap. You should only take about a thirty day cycle to get your iron levels back up to where they should be. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I got it from some fried oysters in Japan Dec 23rd, 1996. Horrible. It really took me about 6 months to fully recover. I would be ok for about a week and then get stomach pain and the runs. It continued, albeit in decrasing severity, for about 6 months and finally went away. All alone in Japan, couldn't eat much, stuff coming out of both ends, rolling on the floor in pain, etc. There was no merry in Christmas or happy in New Year that year. Never ate an oyster after that.

BRATY - Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast, and Yogurt are your friends.

Something really good for the stomach is called okaiyu in Japanese. Cook some rice. When the rice is done, put the rice (about a cup or so) in some water (about 2 cups) and boil it for about 20 minutes. It looks like pooridge when done but it is really easy on the stomach. Many Asians eat it when sick. Also, udon noodles are great for the stomach. Go to an Asian restaurant and order the udon.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
ninja;3241328 said:
I got it from some fried oysters in Japan Dec 23rd, 1996. Horrible. It really took me about 6 months to fully recover. I would be ok for about a week and then get stomach pain and the runs. It continued, albeit in decrasing severity, for about 6 months and finally went away. All alone in Japan, couldn't eat much, stuff coming out of both ends, rolling on the floor in pain, etc. There was no merry in Christmas or happy in New Year that year. Never ate an oyster after that.

BRATY - Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast, and Yogurt are your friends.

Something really good for the stomach is called okaiyu in Japanese. Cook some rice. When the rice is done, put the rice (about a cup or so) in some water (about 2 cups) and boil it for about 20 minutes. It looks like pooridge when done but it is really easy on the stomach. Many Asians eat it when sick. Also, udon noodles are great for the stomach. Go to an Asian restaurant and order the udon.

:eek: 6 months??!! I hope at some point in those 6 months you went to a Doc.

Everybody is different, so I can't vouch 100% for everyone, but Ginger is commonly known to be very good at settling the stomach. Ginger Ale is a nice stand in, in the absence of the real thing, but ground ginger in Chamomile tea worked wonders for me when I had some serious stomach problems. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
I appreciate you guys. It really feels like we're a family here. That's all I can really say. Thanks.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
ZeroClub;3240111 said:

Except I got a migraine last night sitting at the Black Eyed Pea teasing my little girl having a good time and bam all of a sudden one hits freakin sucks I slept until 10:30 this morning and had to miss work.

I much rather went to work