Anyone ever have a great nickname?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't have one except the shortening of my real name, as most do, from Michael to Mike. But some of the girls started calling me Mickey Jo because my middle name was Joseph and some still call me that.

Ya know a pet peeve of mine about names? I hate it when I introduce myself by my full name and someone shortens that. Why in the hell did they think I introduced myself as Michael, not Mike? People introduce themselves as they want to be addressed. You call yourself Robert, you are not Bobby or Bob unless you want to be. I call you Bob and I am being inconsiderate and rude.

My wife had the nickname Smiley from 7th grade through college because of her nature, always smiling, and when they started putting names on gym shirts in Jr. High, her same was S. Miles and that started it and everyone called her that except me and her family. I called her by her real name the first time I met her as she corrected the guy introducing her to me as Smiley, she smiled and just said, Sharon, and she always called me Michael, and changed what others called me from then on. However, when I got down here and bought a boat, I named her Smiley.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't have one except the shortening of my real name, as most do, from Michael to Mike. But some of the girls started calling me Mickey Jo because my middle name was Joseph and some still call me that.

Ya know a pet peeve of mine about names? I hate it when I introduce myself by my full name and someone shortens that. Why in the hell did they think I introduced myself as Michael, not Mike? People introduce themselves as they want to be addressed. You call yourself Robert, you are not Bobby or Bob unless you want to be. I call you Bob and I am being inconsiderate and rude.

My wife had the nickname Smiley from 7th grade through college because of her nature, always smiling, and when they started putting names on gym shirts in Jr. High, her same was S. Miles and that started it and everyone called her that except me and her family. I called her by her real name the first time I met her as she corrected the guy introducing her to me as Smiley, she smiled and just said, Sharon, and she always called me Michael, and changed what others called me from then on. However, when I got down here and bought a boat, I named her Smiley.
Oh, if we're talking about nicknames for wives.......Never mind.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
In high school, I was sometimes called Conan, because I resembled him, with my then long hair.

6'4 with red hair?

conan.png

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Where is Dick at?

DFWJC

Reaction score
In hoops
The brothers always called me “Radar Man” ...which was kind of funny at the time.
The irony was the guy that started it was called “Tootie” Robbins.
He even still went by that name while playing in the NFL for several years.
A grown man called Tootie :laugh:

DcFootball4

Reaction score
Reading these made me think back to middle school. I remember some kids would always refer to me as Goat, cause I brought in my older sisters Adam Sandler CD with the skit The Goat and we all loved listening to it.

I also remember when I was like 7 or 8 my step Dad would call me Dozer cause I could push him around when we wrestled.