Anyone feeling confident?

ksadler1

Reaction score
How are you guys feeling about Garrett coaching against either of the coaches from tonight's game in a playoff game? Although l think the Seahawks are more lucky than good. Like Giants WR catching the ball against his helmet lucky...

Thoughts?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perfectly confident. We just dispatched the Seahawks last season in a game where their fans were probably complaining they were out coached.

We’re a better team than both the Rams and the Seahawks. I hate that our fans roll over and play dead after close road losses to good teams.

Wood

Reaction score
How are you guys feeling about Garrett coaching against either of the coaches from tonight's game in a playoff game? Although l think the Seahawks are more lucky than good. Like Giants WR catching the ball against his helmet lucky...

Thoughts?

How much of a factor is Garrett at this stage? Jerry gives post-game interviews like a coach would. Kellen Moore designs and calls all offensive plays. Marinelli is calling defensive plays. I think people vastly over-estimate Garrett impact. This is not a Bill Belichick situation where HC does has tremendous power across the board.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I hate that our fans roll over and play dead after close road losses to good teams.

I don't necessarily agree that fans are rolling over and playing dead. I think it has more to do with how important good coaching is. You can't blame Garrett for fumbles or INT's, but when your team fails to change a game plan when it's obviously not working, you tend to look to the past and wonder if he's learned anything...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't necessarily agree that fans are rolling over and playing dead. I think it has more to do with how important good coaching is. You can't blame Garrett for fumbles or INT's, but when your team fails to change a game plan when it's obviously not working, you tend to look to the past and wonder if he's learned anything...

And yet most agree Payton’s a great coach for scoring two more points in a game he could have lost by a fg on the final drive.

People see what they want to see when it comes to coaching.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
No, Cowboys fans are pretty soft. We win a couple games and we are the best team in the league. Lose one and its straight Hiroshima in here. Bottom line is we are in the top 1/4 of the NFL, JG is an average coach. Not horrible, but will be out coached by the top head coaches.

Talked to my buddy in LA tonight and he wasn't terribly concerned even though the Rams have lost 2 in a row. Being even keel doesn't go hand in hand with us Cowboys fans.

ksadler1

Reaction score
No, Cowboys fans are pretty soft. We win a couple games and we are the best team in the league. Lose one and its straight Hiroshima in here. Bottom line is we are in the top 1/4 of the NFL, JG is an average coach. Not horrible, but will be out coached by the top head coaches.

Talked to my buddy in LA tonight and he wasn't terribly concerned even though the Rams have lost 2 in a row. Being even keel doesn't go hand in hand with us Cowboys fans.

Ask him how he'd feel if we traded Garrett straight up for McVay. I never worried after a loss when we had a competent coach running the show because l knew l wasn't going to see the same mistakes made every week.

And don't let your buddy fool you. He's very concerned...

Last edited:

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
Ask him how he'd feel if we traded Garrett straight up for McVay. I never worried after a loss when we had a competent coach running the show because l knew l wasn't going to see the same mistakes made every week...
Of course he wouldn't want that trade, but even with all McVays genius the Rams just lost back to back games to teams they should have beat. What I'm saying is we Cowboys fans have 0 perspective. It's always been like that and always will be.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Of course he wouldn't want that trade, but even with all McVays genius the Rams just lost back to back games to teams they should have beat. What I'm saying is we Cowboys fans have 0 perspective. It's always been like that and always will be.

It hasn't always been like that, unless you're too young to remember Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, or even Bill Parcells...

catiii

Reaction score
Feeling confident? How are you guys feeling about Garrett coaching against either of the coaches from tonight's game in a playoff game? Although l think the Seahawks are more lucky than good. Like Giants WR catching the ball against his helmet lucky...

Not even a little bit. I was 16-0-superbowlbaby-win-it-all after the first 3 games, but the Saints game proved nothing has changed with Clapper teams. Biz as usual. The D stepped up to hold them, and the O failed miserably, and regardless of what anyone thinks, I happen to know that Kellen Moore was not calling that game independently and free of interference from the Clapper.
:clap:
It is not the loss, it is how we lost that was frightening. Zero offence and unprepared and Garrett grabbing for game control from Moore. I'm assuming this is an ugly trend of things to come..

Last edited:

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
It hasn't always been like that, unless you're too young to remember Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, or even Bill Parcells...
Nope i remember them. Getting old, and I'm not defending JG. I just know that no matter who they would replace him with, would be the worst coach in the world to Cowboys fans after one lose.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Thoughts?
i am feeling more confident now against Pack on sunday....so much is riding on cowboys to really produce...we will see if they are a real good team or not....two clunkers in a row and you aint an elite team

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i am feeling more confident now against Pack on sunday....so much is riding on cowboys to really produce...we will see if they are a real good team or not....two clunkers in a row and you aint an elite team

Why do you say that?