Anyone follow Sarah Phillips on Twitter?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4547014 said:
Her and her buddy scammed people out of their Facebook and Twitter accounts and at around the same time, ESPN hired her.

I think that's about the gist of it at this point.

They scammed one guy out of money. He paid them to help with Ad space on a site that she was supposed to be creating (fauxESPN.com) and he felt bad that some of the gambling advice he gave her on baseball lost her some money. When he didn't want to pay, she threatened to call the LAPD and have them pick up the money from him (translation, threaten to tell the cops that the person was a gambler).

They then tried to get access to Facebook and Twitter accounts and were attempting to extort money from the NBA Memes guy.

They used Phillips being a 'contributor' to ESPN for credibility.

Way to go, dingbats.

YR

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4547021 said:
They scammed one guy out of money. He paid them to help with Ad space on a site that she was supposed to be creating (fauxESPN.com) and he felt bad that some of the gambling advice he gave her on baseball lost her some money. When he didn't want to pay, she threatened to call the LAPD and have them pick up the money from him (translation, threaten to tell the cops that the person was a gambler).

They then tried to get access to Facebook and Twitter accounts and were attempting to extort money from the NBA Memes guy.

They used Phillips being a 'contributor' to ESPN for credibility.

Way to go, dingbats.

YR

This is probably a better summary. :D

rynochop

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4547024 said:
This is probably a better summary. :D

Has to be..I couldn't even get through that novel.

As one of the comments below said..Ken Starr writes shorter summarys.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It's not easy to get thru, but that's how scams like these tend to go. I would call a spade a spade here and say that I allege that Phillips and Prasad were trying to get into some sort of identity theft scam and they may have been trying to get the rights of ownership to Web sites created by people and then force those people to buy it back from them or just leave them high and dry.

I think in the end Prasad and Phillips were stupid because they got lucky and landed a good gig at ESPN. But, they couldn't see the forest for the trees and see that they could make much more money in the end contributing to ESPN and all of the other things that could have possibly come from it. They wanted the quick cash instead of the much bigger, long-term and legit payout.

A little tip for people, if somebody really wants you to be a part of something then they won't make you pay to get in.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Here's a decent article on it, although there are some things the author left out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/...tist-admits-making-poor-choices?urn=top,wp405

1. She did do something illegal in scamming the one guy out of money because he paid to help her with AdSpace on her site and she never used it for that and never paid him the money back.

2. It was pretty apparent that she had more planned than just gaining Twitter followers. It reeks of a possible identity theft as well.

3. It appears that they attempted to extort from the NBA Memes guy by claiming that because he was using Getty Images, that he could be sued for $800K and could go to jail.

In reality, Phillips/Prasad would be caught with trying to unlawfully take the rights to passwords and Web sites along with owing the one guy money for the AdSpace. Something that would be handled in small claims court. But, I think only a blind fool could see that they had bigger plans. I do wonder if getting hired by ESPN threw a monkey wrench in their plans and not knowing exactly how to handle it.

YR