Anyone from CT here ?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Well, here in CT, I used to go to TK's in Danbury for the pre-season games. Now they are on DirectTV and no more C-band for the pre-season games. Anyone know another place in Fairfield county CT that will play the game tonight ?

Or have links that you might know where I could search for such a place ?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yeah it is, but its better than being in Philly :)

Eddie

Reaction score
Spend the day in New York. Plenty of bars carrying games ... meet me in Queens if you want. I'll save you seat ... :)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Jarv said:
Well, here in CT, I used to go to TK's in Danbury for the pre-season games. Now they are on DirectTV and no more C-band for the pre-season games. Anyone know another place in Fairfield county CT that will play the game tonight ?

Or have links that you might know where I could search for such a place ?
Wow, Fairfield County, yet. Isn't that as ritzy as Litchfield County?

A sports bar?

Do they play anything there but croquet? ;)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Tough being a fan of any team in CT.

I lived in W. Hartford for about 2 years. Finding PS games for anyone other than the Giants or Pats was Mission Impossible.

You would think since ESPN is based in CT. They would have an ESPN Zone somewhere that carried everything, but no.

Good Luck.

JPM

Reaction score
There is a place in Mahopac (South Side Inn) I'm there for regular season games, I have no idea if they pre-seasons games.

keds

Reaction score
Jarv,

I'm up in Cromwell, CT (near Hartford). Would be willing to meet up with you half way for a game sometime. There are a lot of sports bars up in my area Rookies Sports Bar in Cromwell is pretty good size, well represented by Cowboy fans.

Reed

Reaction score
I live in New Canaan, CT. Fairfield county is the richest county in america. Also, Fairfield county includes the poorest city in America, Bridgeport. So, farfield county is still the richest county in america including the poorest city. Yes, New Canaan is very rich, and many important peope live here, as well as darien, greenwich, and wilton. Wilton is the #1 drinking town in America, while New Canaan is the #2 drinking town. I just graduated high school and I had a lot of fun drinking round here. But, the town is preppy, but it also includes many non preppy people. Most of the people who live here grew up poor and worked really hard for what they have, and to help benefit there kids. It's a nice community, a different world.

Reed

Reaction score
There are tons of sport bars in stamford by the way, I think theres a brand new one that has a lot of stuff, also there is bobby valenties, yes the old mets coach, he has a bar / restraunt there.

parchy

Reaction score
Reed said:
I live in New Canaan, CT. Fairfield county is the richest county in america. Also, Fairfield county includes the poorest city in America, Bridgeport. So, farfield county is still the richest county in america including the poorest city. Yes, New Canaan is very rich, and many important peope live here, as well as darien, greenwich, and wilton. Wilton is the #1 drinking town in America, while New Canaan is the #2 drinking town. I just graduated high school and I had a lot of fun drinking round here. But, the town is preppy, but it also includes many non preppy people. Most of the people who live here grew up poor and worked really hard for what they have, and to help benefit there kids. It's a nice community, a different world.

You've got some interesting facts there. :)

Sommerset County in Jersey is the richest county in the US, Cleveland is the poorest city and I don't know how you measure a 'drinking town,' but I doubt Conn. towns come close to some places down south... I have family up there and it seems pretty normal to me

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Reed said:

Lol...Wilton is a dry town, no liquer stores. They did just start allowing some resturants to serve drinks recently...but just recently.

A friend of my Dads owned Pete's spirit shop in Weston, CT center. He was the number 2 store in CT because he bordered Wilton and delivered to a lot of famous people. Also the number 1 store in CT was on rt. 7 in Norwalk, CT, just a 100 feet over the Wilton border...So maybe your right, they drink a lot in that town, they just have to cross the town line to get their booze.

Thanks to all who repsponded, I'll start making calls I guess, don't know if I can wait until 7am Monday morning for the NFL network !

Reed

Reaction score
I know my facts man I live here, all the national television specials have done reports on heavy drinking, and especially underage drinking, these towns are on the top. There is so much money flowing around here, and kids buy so much alcohol. The amount of 30 packs of beers here are insane, and they are also tons of liquor stores. No ones buys alcohol in their own town, everyone goes to norwalk and stamford. They sell 30 packs of beers in grocery stores, and they are stock piled to the max. I have been to lots of states that dont even sell 30 packs of beer. The companies know farfield county is a huge drinking area and they take advantage.