Anyone going to TC?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'm in Houston, and just got a wild hair and decided to go to training camp. How open is it to the public? Anyone else going? What's the nearest airport? LAX?

MONT17

Reaction score
I'm going... I live in Vegas so I am driving spending a day or 2! But yeah LAX is the spot... I cant wait to see the 1 on 1 drills with the BIG BOYS!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
for the sake of my eyes, i hope you theogt does some reports for us, and Mont you can umm not :D

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
for the sake of my eyes, i hope you theogt does some reports for us, and Mont you can umm not :D

Why, he is your equal in his mastery of english? :D j/k

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
This may sound very strange, but since I now live in Pennsylvania (moved from good ol' Texas) I will be going to the Steeler's training camp at St. Vincent's University at the end of this month. :eek:

My girlfriend and her dad (future wife and father-in-law) are huge Steeler's fans. Just figured it might be kinda fun. Think I should wear my Cowboy's jersey?

:flagwave:

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Fletch said:
This may sound very strange, but since I now live in Pennsylvania (moved from good ol' Texas) I will be going to the Steeler's training camp at St. Vincent's University at the end of this month. :eek:

My girlfriend and her dad (future wife and father-in-law) are huge Steeler's fans. Just figured it might be kinda fun. Think I should wear my Cowboy's jersey?

yeah,piss em off!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MONT17 said:
I'm going... I live in Vegas so I am driving spending a day or 2! But yeah LAX is the spot... I cant wait to see the 1 on 1 drills with the BIG BOYS!

I thought Burbank was the best airport for Oxnard/1000 Oaks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Fletch said:

LOL.......

Maybe you should just cut to the chase here and start calling her your future x-wife and future x-father in law.

;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
No doubt. If I end up going, I'll have tons of reports/pictures(if allowed).

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Idgit said:
I thought Burbank was the best airport for Oxnard/1000 Oaks.

Not that much closer -- but if you can fly into Burbank for the same amount of $$$ it is a much easier airport to deal with. Far smaller than LAX. Less of a hassle.

Really anytime you can fly into Burbank instead of LAX it is a good thing.

Haley94

Reaction score
I'm going. I live in Carlsbad CA, so I'm driving up the coast. The largest airport in LA is LAX so it can be a Zoo. You would just head up interstate 5 out of LAX and then get on 101 thru Malibu up to Oxnard. It's a very scenic drive. Lots of babes on the beaches of Malibu this time of year. You could also fly into Burbank, which is the airport i used alot when i had to do alot of business up there. It's smaller and eaiser, also let's you exit out of the back of the plane which i loved. Southwest flies in there. Long Beach is another smaller airport option but will be more of drive up the cost, Jet blue flies into there.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Haley94 said:
I'm going. I live in Carlsbad CA, so I'm driving up the coast. The largest airport in LA is LAX so it can be a Zoo. You would just head up interstate 5 out of LAX and then get on 101 thru Malibu up to Oxnard. It's a very scenic drive. Lots of babes on the beaches of Malibu this time of year. You could also fly into Burbank, which is the airport i used alot when i had to do alot of business up there. It's smaller and eaiser, also let's you exit out of the back of the plane which i loved. Southwest flies in there. Long Beach is another smaller airport option but will be more of drive up the cost, Jet blue flies into there.
Thanks. Any ideas on scheduling for camp and how much the public is allowed in?

Haley94

Reaction score
I think the schedule is on the thier website and most all the practices are open to the public. they have bleachers and tents set up. it's fun!!

ravidubey

Reaction score
Didn't the Cowboys eons ago used to offer an insider broadcast via satellite from training camp and practices? Why did they ever stop? Did the DirecTv deal torpedo it?

Hiero

Reaction score
theogt said:
I'm in Houston, and just got a wild hair and decided to go to training camp. How open is it to the public? Anyone else going? What's the nearest airport? LAX?
I might be there around the weekend of the 4th.