Anyone going to TC?

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I will be there:) I will be there early fri morning,and from what I heard burbank is the smaller as stated,but I belive it's a 2hr ride to the camp site.The best western still has rooms available for $89.00 a night. It's 3 miles from camp

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
I will be going as well, a total of 3 generations of Cowboys fans. Havent figured out when though.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Illl be there since I live close by. Oxnard Airport is within 5 miles from the practice facility.

Landing into Burbank is easier with less traffic congestion but it's a bit more expensive.

Hiero

Reaction score
ill maybe be there friday, not sure yet would be cool to meet a few fellow zoners.

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
I'll be at camp Aug 7th and Aug 8th.

The night of the 7th I'll be staying at the Marriot with the Cowboys again. I was able to do this last year and was actually able to stay very close to them. This year, It was REALLY hard to get a room. I had to fight with the Regional Vice President to get my room. But, I did. Although, It's just a small room this time, but I'm still on the lot with the Cowboys.

I can't wait!

cowboygolfer

Reaction score
I am going again this year.

We are gonna spend the first weekend in Vegas and skip the first weekend TO media frenzy, then I am gonna spend monday through friday at camp. Last year was the first time I went it was fantastic.

If you have not been before the weekedays will get you up close and personal with less than half the people on site. Gonna try like heck to get a VIP pass this year.

I will post picks when I get back, I will have some of the guys from the Cowboys-Forum with me so they will have a laptop, I will try and post some throughout the week also.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboygolfer said:
I am going again this year.

We are gonna spend the first weekend in Vegas and skip the first weekend TO media frenzy, then I am gonna spend monday through friday at camp. Last year was the first time I went it was fantastic.

If you have not been before the weekedays will get you up close and personal with less than half the people on site. Gonna try like heck to get a VIP pass this year.

I will post picks when I get back, I will have some of the guys from the Cowboys-Forum with me so they will have a laptop, I will try and post some throughout the week also.
You need to post the pics of your Cowboys room.

cowboygolfer

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You need to post the pics of your Cowboys room.

I will try to put them up right quick in a seperate thread, don't want to pirate anybody here.

:star: :starspin :star:

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
Does anyone know how far Oxnard is from Los Angeles? I'll be in LA from August 7th-10th. From what I hear it's about an hour and a half long drive, maybe longer. Anyone know for sure?

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
BoysFanInAustin said:
Does anyone know how far Oxnard is from Los Angeles? I'll be in LA from August 7th-10th. From what I hear it's about an hour and a half long drive, maybe longer. Anyone know for sure?

That is about right.

It's probably anywhere from an hour to hour 1/2.

If I remember correctly - It would be the 101 Freeway North for most the drive. You'd have to check into it to be sure.

Big D

Reaction score
I will be there once again! Maybe I'll meet some of you guys.

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
I'll be there. Loved it last year. Met some great people. Had the chance to watch the Big Tuna in action, and this year may be the last opportunity for me.

Easy access. Free entry - but $5 charge for car parking. Expecting it to be a little more busy with all the TO hype.

Flying in from the UK on the 27th. Will be there until 8th August. Counting down the seconds......

I haven't had chance to read pages 2 and 3 of this thread, but...

OXNARD has its own airport. (Coincidentally v close to River Ridge Complex where practice takes place). I am flying into there from Vegas. Only costs £80 = $150approx with United.

Would love to meet some of you guys there. I'll be the Brit with floppy brown hair down by the 25 yd line. Please come and say, 'Hi', - I'll be next to my poor step-son I'm dragging along!

Take care folks.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
No but I spent last week checking out the Marriott Riverwalk which was and hopefully will be the official home of the Boys next year. The ghosts of Emmitt, Chad and the rest of the Hard Knocks guys were there. Seriously I love the riverwalk, you guys got to go next year, the Alamodome is air conditioned, the margaritas are fantastic, mariachis, tex-mex everywhere, it was the best place they ever had it in, better even than Austin and I live here. It was brutally hot here in Austin, St. Eds just wasn't made for it , no shade, people would bring babies and there were these British people passing out left and right, the heat index was off the charts, SA much better facilities, make your plans now, they will book up fast...

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Monday the 31st (second day of camp). I guess I make it every thirty years or so...It'll be my first camp visit since Thousand Oaks in the 70's.