Anyone got tips on how to find a lost cat heh

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
so Fauerluna

how long do I have to twirl a cat around by it's tail before it falls off? give or take

Hoofbite

Reaction score
davidyee;3115263 said:
...the cat hasn't moved far. It new territory so it won't move unless there's food or shelter nearby.

Best trick I have given to many friends looking for their lost cats. Put out it's litter box near where you lost the cat and stay there for a few hours. They can trace their own smell.

Also put half of the used litter in a box outside your back door just in case the cat has moved beyond the woods.

You can use food and calls, but you need something familiar to attract it. Good luck and if you do get the cat back I would suggest that your pet is a jittery one and a animal travel crate would be a nice holiday gift for the pet.

Nice idea Cat Whisperer.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3116341 said:
so Fauerluna

how long do I have to twirl a cat around by it's tail before it falls off? give or take

I'm ignoring you. :rolleyes:

If this wasn't a family forum, I'd make a comparison about a cat and it's tail to you and your "manhood" and twirling you around and see how that works out.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Faerluna;3116463 said:

If this wasn't a family forum, I'd make a comparison about a cat and it's tail to you and your "manhood" and twirling you around and see how that works out.
:laugh2:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Faerluna;3116463 said:

I don't know, Fearluna-- are your hands small enough to grab such a wee "handle"??

WarC

Reaction score
nyc;3114850 said:
I look at it this way when dealing with cats. If they don't stick around, then I don't want them anyhow.

We had an outdoor cat that did that. He was just about 2 years old and went out every morning and came in a couple times a day for food and water. One day he went out and just never came back. No idea whatever happened to him, and searches didn't turn up any roadkill or anything. It's likely something happened to him but I always hoped he just decided he'd chance the free life full time.

When it comes to outdoor cats I have this philosophy...I think, to them and to me, the chance of living a free outdoor life is worth the risk it entails. I've had five cats - Three of them have died or gone missing.

That said this is a different situation...The vet office should have offered one up if the owner didn't have one....Most vets I've gone too carry temporary cardboard pet carriers for just this reason.

My only tip to add on top of others' advice here is to make sure and look up into trees - One of my cats has gotten lost outside numerous times and I've always located him in some kind of safe haven...I've had to climb a ladder to get him out of tree once, and other times he's been hiding in a neighbor's shed or a pile of leaves/branches/compost refuse where there was insulated warmth.

WarC

Reaction score
dcdallaschick;3115338 said:
One of my cats got out once, and didn't go far, but was scared and hiding in some brush a couple houses down where we'd never have found her. I ended up walking up and down the sidewalk talking to her (I'm sure I looked like a mental case) and she finally started to meow and respond so I could find her. She might not have come out initially for food or anything else, but she recognized me talking.

That does work too...When I located my cat in the tree, it was because I was calling his name out and he started mewling for me.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Well like I said, this cat has been perfectly happy the past 2 months in our house. It had gone outside, without running away.

It's still jittery, if you were standing up and actively trying to persue it in the house it would run away, but if you sat down and called it, she'd come to you and be the most lovely dovey rag-doll cat ever, far more lovey than our 2 fat domestic house cats we've had for over a year. When she ran away, she was fresh out of surgery and so doped up still that she tripped over herself a few times while fleeing.

We put a cat trap out today and followed several of the suggestions posted here, food, cat litter, etc.

I'll update you guys with our progress.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3116500 said:
I don't know, Fearluna-- are your hands small enough to grab such a wee "handle"??

Faerluna;3116749 said:
I have tweezers. :D

pff, I have enough meat to feed a small army, and still have leftovers

Tiny Tim was never so awestruck

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3119274 said:
pff, I have enough meat to feed a small army, and still have leftovers

Your abdomen is not your "manhood", Bob...

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3132983 said:
you wouldn't find an ounce of fat there

it's all muscle

correct there is no fat in jello, isn't that right giggles?