Anyone had a Five Guys Burger?

yimyammer

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4672394 said:
Five Guys wasn't a bad burger and I liked the fries. But way overpriced for basically a fast food burger.

And I just don't get people's obsession with in and out. It wasn't very good, at least the one I have been to a few times. They rank pretty low on my fast food rankings.

Me neither, they opened one in Dallas and there was a lady crying with joy at the news, so I'd decided to try one. I had to wait in line 45 minutes to get my food. Perhaps my expectations were too high based on all the hype but I was greatly underwhelmed

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We went one time and agreed one everything. The burger was really good, the fries only average and overall it was way overpriced.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loved it when I went, both the burger and the fries.

It blows the regular 'fast food' stuff away.

Not the place to sit and eat however.

The workers had the music blasting so loud you couldn't hear yourself think!

I love good music, but that was a bit too much.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
They had the best burgers around 15 years ago in Alexandria, va. What they sell now isn't nearly as good.

If anyone happens to be passing by Harrisonburg va anytime soon, you have to try the burgers from Jack Browns...best I've ever had.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Started out lame, but got real funny...

"Look at this bacon, I didn't even ask for bacon... but I was thinkin' bacon"... :laugh2:

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Best burger in town, imo. Overpriced and the fries really aren't that good.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
They must be better in VA than in other places then. They're really good. One of the better places in the area, anyway.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
tupperware;4674551 said:
They must be better in VA than in other places then. They're really good. One of the better places in the area, anyway.

I'm sure it does vary from place to place. Like some areas I love a Wendy's burger, other places it's terrible.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
5 guys burgers are way overrated. Overrated like Derek Jeter.

Nothing special.

All the hype is over the "extra" fries dumped in the bag, but the fries arent all that great either.

So, you get an overrated, overpriced burger and fries. If a McDonalds is closeby I'd choose their value menu stuff and save the $$$$. Either way you're not gettin a great burger so why overpay?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Burgers are decent, not country house good (home of the number 1 burger here in Chicago land, I recommend the buffalo burger), the cajun fries though are delicious

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I like them personally.

I happen to like the bacon cheeseburger with mustard, pickles, tomatoes, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, and jalapenos.

I also like the cajun style fries with the balsalmic vinegar.

However, the best hamburgers will always be found at dive restaurants that are family owned and run. In Tucson, that is Lindy's on 4th Avenue. It was featured on an episode of Man vs. Food.

My personal favorites on his menu are the Blue Baller and the Donkey Punch. Yes, he has a strange sense of humor.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
By the way, I am going to try this at some point.

I am going to make 2 grilled cheese sandwiches and smoosh them down. Then I am going to use them instead of hamburger buns for a hamburger.

So you'd have a grilled cheese on top, mustard, tomato, pickles, red onions, jalapenos, bacon, the burger, more mustard, and a grilled cheese sandwich on the bottom.

I can't speak for anyone else, but it sounds awesome to me.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Hostile;4674817 said:

I am going to make 2 grilled cheese sandwiches and smoosh them down. Then I am going to use them instead of hamburger buns for a hamburger.

So you'd have a grilled cheese on top, mustard, tomato, pickles, red onions, jalapenos, bacon, the burger, more mustard, and a grilled cheese sandwich on the bottom.

Heart cath for dessert? :D

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Hostile;4674817 said:

I've done that. And yes it is awesome. Definitely feel satisfied after. Ha