Anyone had a Five Guys Burger?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I can't believe that someone in the south hasn't come up with the deep fried hamburger. I mean we fry EVERYTHING in the south. Oreos, Ice Cream, candy bars, butter.

You would think someone, somewhere would have battered up a burger and fried it up crisp.

Oh well, maybe I have something to try to do one day.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4674898 said:
I missed that recipe. Must repost it!
I posted it for the Mods. I make the best milkshakes you've ever had. Guaranteed. But I do not make plain ones like chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla even though I could.

Nanner pudding
Chocolate raspberry
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Pistachio
Oreo
Punkin Pie
Pecan pie
Cinnamon roll

I am currently flirting with a white chocolate jalapeno concoction, and yes I am serious.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;4674908 said:
I posted it for the Mods. I make the best milkshakes you've ever had. Guaranteed. But I do not make plain ones like chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla even though I could.

Nanner pudding
Chocolate raspberry
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Pistachio
Oreo
Punkin Pie
Pecan pie
Cinnamon roll

I am currently flirting with a white chocolate jalapeno concoction, and yes I am serious.

Well, share the wealth...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4674913 said:
Well, share the wealth...
Pick one or name one and I will PM you a recipe.

Honest, anyone who has ever tried my milkshakes is satisfied. I can create almost anything you can imagine.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;4674919 said:
Pick one or name one and I will PM you a recipe.

Honest, anyone who has ever tried my milkshakes is satisfied. I can create almost anything you can imagine.

I love Chocolate Raspberry anything but have never had a shake.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
dexternjack;4672290 said:
Overrated IMO. The burgers are ok, but the fries are horrible, at least the ones I had, cold and soggy. I would get a Fuddrucker burger before 5-guys.

I agree with the first part. Overrated burger that gets by on the toppings more than anything else. Not great meat, not a great sear most of the time, not a great recipe. Fries can get soggy if you don't dump them out of the cup immediately. I wouldn't put Fuddrucker before anything though, they're just as lousy as any other fast food burger.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I am a connoisseur of burgers. I think I know what a good one is supposed to taste like. And five guys is NOT a burger that you gotta have. It is ok but if I never had another one I would not be disappoined. I have probably had about 10 in the past five years it has been open but it is not all that. I ask for crispy fries when I go and they are still soggy and limp. I have not been back in about a year.

The best burger to this day I would say was from a cafe in Lake Charles, La called MaryAnns. It has been over 20 years since I had one and I have probably had more burgers over that 20 years than a normal person should have but noone has touched them. They probably don't even do the same as they did back then but if it is and you are in SW La, Stop by and try it. And their fries were better than anything Five Guys could ever dream about serving. Fresh Cut, crispy and hot.

There was a place that opened in Lake Charles back in the 80s that tried to copy their burgers and they came pretty close. It was called Cottens. They were still better they five guys but not as good as Mary Anns.

If I have said it once I have said it a million times, the only thing I miss from Louisiana is the food. And I really miss that. ....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4674896 said:
My recipe?

If so, did it not knock your socks off?

Of course and of course. We visit that small slice of heaven about once a month.