Anyone here think A trade for Joe Haden will work for Dallas?

triplets92

Reaction score
I have seen a few articles talking about how a possible trade for CB Joe Haden of the Cleveland Browns would make sense for Dallas. My question is do you all think that this makes sense for the Cowboys to possibly pull the trigger on and what do you think we will have to give up to get him?

Personally, I'm torn. On one hand Haden is a skilled veteran and will upgrade our DB unit. On the other hand if he were to come here it will most likely cost more than I'm willing to give up for him and it will interrupt the progression of one of our young corners. Thoughts?

robjay04

Reaction score
I would rather stick with what we have than paying a large cap hit and losing a draft pick.

It could burn us, especially early, but I believe we will be better for it in the long run.

FaSho

Reaction score
I'm actually cool with how our secondary looks. I could really only see us trading for an OL or DL.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nope

Even though Haden is a solid player, CB is not really a concern for Dallas unless we see the rotating hammy problem all season. When there is a weakness, you need to fix the core of the problem.......and that is the pass rush.

Dallas won't make any significant trades but if they did, it better be for a DE. You can't keep treating the symptons.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
i don't see them trading for a CB, too much optimism in the young guys they just drafted

DL or OL makes sense, but the frugality trend of this front office does not bear out a trade of any kind this season

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Dallas no longer operates this way. They don't play the high priced free agent/trade game anymore. They had CB and S issues to address so they signed reasonably priced veterans and drafted 4 players at those positions. That is how Dallas now addresses needs with their roster so, no, there will not be a trade for Haden.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have seen a few articles talking about how a possible trade for CB Joe Haden of the Cleveland Browns would make sense for Dallas. My question is do you all think that this makes sense for the Cowboys to possibly pull the trigger on and what do you think we will have to give up to get him?

Personally, I'm torn. On one hand Haden is a skilled veteran and will upgrade our DB unit. On the other hand if he were to come here it will most likely cost more than I'm willing to give up for him and it will interrupt the progression of one of our young corners. Thoughts?
He'd be a great influence on our young guys. We will eventually need to grow up. We cant keep replacing vets with young guys every year. We need to bring in some vets eventually.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
once injuries settle, we are good at CB. Hate to lose a prospect or draft pick, plus I'd like to see our rookies at CB get a chance.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Declining skill set with a large salary. That isn't the type of player the cowboys bring in any more. 11 million base this year and next and over 10 the third. Unless he's producing like Revis did in his prime just not worth it.

I could see us gambling on an EDGE that way, potentially, but not a CB.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We just invested huge in our secondary with draft picks

From BJones to ABrown to Cheeto to JLewis to XWoods .......... it is time to teach them OUR system and let them roll

ShiningStar

Reaction score
no need, DB isnt our problem and they will get better if the DL starts going after Qbs. Same problem year after year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only if thy will accept Kellen Moore in that trade. So Moore and a conditional 7th to a 6th for Haden...I would do that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sydla

Reaction score
Nope

Even though Haden is a solid player, CB is not really a concern for Dallas unless we see the rotating hammy problem all season. When there is a weakness, you need to fix the core of the problem.......and that is the pass rush.

Dallas won't make any significant trades but if they did, it better be for a DE. You can't keep treating the symptons.

I get arguments as to why Haden might not make sense.

But to say CB is not a concern for Dallas is some of the most wishful thinking you will see this preseason. The CB position might be one of the biggest questions facing the Cowboys in this entire preseason.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only thing I would trade for is a top tier DE. And no one seems to be offering them.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I get arguments as to why Haden might not make sense.

But to say CB is not a concern for Dallas is some of the most wishful thinking you will see this preseason. The CB position might be one of the biggest questions facing the Cowboys in this entire preseason.

Did you not notice the youth movement? It is a clear sign that Dallas will roll with them. That position is a concern of mine but it does not seem to be for the Cowboys. I do think they will struggle at first but that wasn't my argument.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Push out one of the young, cheap and talented young guys? Not a chance. Stephen Jones doesn't operate that way.