Anyone here vape?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I've been vaping since August of '15. Got me off smokes and is quite enjoyable. The flavors, nicotine fix, and great vape devices make it a fun and safer alternate to smoking cigarettes.

Any other Zoners out there vaping?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I started smoking in the mid 80s. I quit smoking back in Oct. 5th 2000. Best and hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

It's absolutely nuts what people pay to do that nasty *** habit these days. I used to pay $2 a carton at the commissary on base. That compared to a pack at $2 off base at the time.

When I first started smoking, I was paying 79 cents a pack. Now crazy people pay up to $10+ per pack. What the hell is wrong with you people! That's an expensive way to kill yourself. You're better off jumping off a bridge. It's cheaper that way!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Started smoking around 1988 and quit about 4 years ago. Quit cold turkey.

Thought about vaping but the main reason I quit was the cost and even though vaping is cheaper, it is still a cost being spent on something that was not needed.

I imagine with the number of younger people growing in the vaping vs smoking categories it is just a matter of time until vaping will be just as expensive.

And vaping has not been around long enough to know what damages it could cause IMO.

Remember there was a time that smoking was considered healthy and we even included them being given to soldiers.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I used vaps for about a year to help me quit smoking. I used Copenhagen for about a year to help me quit vaping. I used nicotine gum for about a year to help me quit Copenhagening. I'm finally done with all nicotine for a couple of years now. Of all of them I miss Copenhagen most of all.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Started smoking around 1988 and quit about 4 years ago. Quit cold turkey.

Thought about vaping but the main reason I quit was the cost and even though vaping is cheaper, it is still a cost being spent on something that was not needed.

I imagine with the number of younger people growing in the vaping vs smoking categories it is just a matter of time until vaping will be just as expensive.

And vaping has not been around long enough to know what damages it could cause IMO.

Remember there was a time that smoking was considered healthy and we even included them being given to soldiers.

I completely agree with this, BP (click for bolded). I wake up at times with sore lungs. There's clearly something up. But it's been studied somewhat, and when compared to cigarettes, it's almost unanimous (in the scientific community) that vaping is a healthier option if choosing between the two.

This thread was more of a wonderment if other Zoners vaped, rather than the (obvious) dangers of cigarette smoking (again, I quit in August, 2015).

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I used vaps for about a year to help me quit smoking. I used Copenhagen for about a year to help me quit vaping. I used nicotine gum for about a year to help me quit Copenhagening. I'm finally done with all nicotine for a couple of years now. Of all of them I miss Copenhagen most of all.

Holy smokes (pun)!!! Quite a chain there, Jimmy!! Glad for ya, bud

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been dipping since I was in HS in the early 80's, but I'm not addicted, I quit all the time.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And...you've never had any trouble with worms or long relationships.
Ha ha, I dip sparingly now. I dipped a can a day in college then quit when I started teaching in '88. I'll dip every so often now, a can usually lasts me about a month or so. My dentist can't even tell that I dip. An old buddy of mine would put half a can of Copenhagen in his mouth in the morning and then the other half after lunch. Now that was bad.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Ha ha, I dip sparingly now. I dipped a can a day in college then quit when I started teaching in '88. I'll dip every so often now, a can usually lasts me about a month or so. My dentist can't even tell that I dip. An old buddy of mine would put half a can of Copenhagen in his mouth in the morning and then the other half after lunch. Now that was bad.

Half a can???? Holy cow, Coach, y'all don't mess around, yonder!!!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've been vaping since August of '15. Got me off smokes and is quite enjoyable. The flavors, nicotine fix, and great vape devices make it a fun and safer alternate to smoking cigarettes.

Any other Zoners out there vaping?
Did for 6 months without cigs. It was nice but I dont know how sustainable it is. Went back to cigs. Dat coffee and cigarettes doe!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I started smoking in the mid 80s. I quit smoking back in Oct. 5th 2000. Best and hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

It's absolutely nuts what people pay to do that nasty *** habit these days. I used to pay $2 a carton at the commissary on base. That compared to a pack at $2 off base at the time.

When I first started smoking, I was paying 79 cents a pack. Now crazy people pay up to $10+ per pack. What the hell is wrong with you people! That's an expensive way to kill yourself. You're better off jumping off a bridge. It's cheaper that way!
I live 45 minutes from a reservation. $15 a carton. But man If im out after work and dont want to drive that $10 hurts

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Best thing about vaping is combining juices. Never got so into that I made my own, but I was using a nice little mixture of a sour apple and pure menthol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dat coffee and cigs, doe, indeed, 0311 :)

What was the nicotine level (in mg), Darth? If you go 1.2mg and 60/40 pg:vg, it hits hard, brother.
Depending on the battery I had. The standard ones I was about 1.8. When i got a much more powerful battery (2.8 ohms I believe), i was down to about 1.2