Anyone know of a cheaper auto insurance instead of geico?

reddyuta

Reaction score
interesting,i have been with Geico for almost a decade and my price has gone down.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
USAA, if you can get it, is much cheaper. When I do shop around I tell them I have USAA and the other insurance companies tell me they can't match what I'm paying. I also get dividend payments from them occasionally.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
interesting,i have been with Geico for almost a decade and my price has gone down.

very interesting...my wife and i have both had to take defensive driving courses to offset their rate hikes...

i'm 47 and Kim is 45.

no accidents ...one speeding ticket in the last ten years.

yet they keep jacking up the rates.

i remember when i was young everyone told me that your rates would go down as you age.

what the hell?

kimrose

Reaction score
I'm going to retrofit a bumper car and put a Prius engine in it and a BMW badge on the front and hope she doesn't notice it. Then she'll probably get in and back it into my car because it was dark or the sun was in her eyes or the radio was too loud.

Funny thing is, she still tells me how fast to drive and how much braking distance to allow when she's in my passenger seat. Ah, love. Good thing she's otherwise pretty amazing.

Aahhh love. It's great isn't it?? Just a suggestion here, Idgit. Maybe, you could tell your wife that she is not getting any cars until she takes another driving course? Unless of course, she has a great job and is paying for her car and all the extra insurance premiums she is causing yall. lol. Then, of course she is free to have as many wrecks as she wants. lol. But, she is actually causing everyone else's insurance to go up, and heaven forbid there should be a person or animal in her way when she whacks a fence or pole. Then, I just hope yall can afford a really good defense attorney. But if she needs a BMW plaque on her car to drive it, lol, then I guess you can. lol. Good luck to you, Mr. Enabler,*cough cough, lol, I mean Mr. Idgit.:p

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aahhh love. It's great isn't it?? Just a suggestion here, Idgit. Maybe, you could tell your wife that she is not getting any cars until she takes another driving course? Unless of course, she has a great job and is paying for her car and all the extra insurance premiums she is causing yall. lol. Then, of course she is free to have as many wrecks as she wants. lol. But, she is actually causing everyone else's insurance to go up, and heaven forbid there should be a person or animal in her way when she whacks a fence or pole. Then, I just hope yall can afford a really good defense attorney. But if she needs a BMW plaque on her car to drive it, lol, then I guess you can. lol. Good luck to you, Mr. Enabler,*cough cough, lol, I mean Mr. Idgit.:p

She does have a good job, so I guess it's ok that the rest of us have to look over our shoulder while walking down our street and put our seat belts on before the ignition starts.

She's not really the type to need a BMW logo, either, I just added that to make the bumper car idea sound classy and appealing. I do love the driving lessons idea, though.

kimrose

Reaction score
She does have a good job, so I guess it's ok that the rest of us have to look over our shoulder while walking down our street and put our seat belts on before the ignition starts.

She's not really the type to need a BMW logo, either, I just added that to make the bumper car idea sound classy and appealing. I do love the driving lessons idea, though.

LOL! Mama calls the shots. I get it. Just playin'. lol. Yall are equal. Cool. Love it. That's a good way to be. Please don't tell her about my post. lol. Although, you know I was just funnin' with ya, right?? I don't want her to come down here and clonk me on the head. lol. She might clonk you on the head though, if she knows you're talking about her excellent driving skills, though, Idg! Dang, you are brave, bro!:eek:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
LOL! Mama calls the shots. I get it. Just playin'. lol. Yall are equal. Cool. Love it. That's a good way to be. Please don't tell her about my post. lol. Although, you know I was just funnin' with ya, right?? I don't want her to come down here and clonk me on the head. lol. She might clonk you on the head though, if she knows you're talking about her excellent driving skills, though, Idg! Dang, you are brave, bro!:eek:

please stop..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Lol. She never reads CZ. She'd kill me if she knew I was talking about her driving skills. :)

kimrose

Reaction score
Lol. She never reads CZ. She'd kill me if she knew I was talking about her driving skills. :)

She actually sounds like a very fun loving, carefree type of woman, to be honest, Idg. I am sure she is a woman that you are crazy about. Like I told you, I was just funning. That type of lady can actually be sexy.:)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She actually sounds like a very fun loving, carefree type of woman, to be honest, Idg. I am sure she is a woman that you are crazy about. Like I told you, I was just funning. That type of lady can actually be sexy.:)

Backing into a retaining wall is super hot.

ologan

Reaction score
USAA, if you can get it, is much cheaper. When I do shop around I tell them I have USAA and the other insurance companies tell me they can't match what I'm paying. I also get dividend payments from them occasionally.

Been with USAA for 45 years. Absolutely the best! Cheapest?? Probably not, but damn competitive, and the best service.....period!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
State farm has ok rates unless you have a jeep! I dunno why I pay so much for mine either. lol they have really good rates for bullet bikes though if you have one.

Anybody else who has a bullet bike that thinks theyre paying too much try state farm

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm going to retrofit a bumper car and put a Prius engine in it and a BMW badge on the front and hope she doesn't notice it. Then she'll probably get in and back it into my car because it was dark or the sun was in her eyes or the radio was too loud.

Funny thing is, she still tells me how fast to drive and how much braking distance to allow when she's in my passenger seat. Ah, love. Good thing she's otherwise pretty amazing.

I suspect my wife may have the same disease yours does.

Every now and then she'll walk into a room and say, very surprised, "Did you see that dent in the car??".

It's amazing how many dents and scratches she "discovers" on the car. Some mad man must really have it out for her, seeing as he seems to only show up and damage the car when she's driving it.

I was in the car with her once and we were backing out of our parking spot, next to a giant concrete pillar. No other cars around, but she somehow manages to scrape the pillar down an entire wheel well. I'm sure if I wasn't there at the time, it would have been another miracle dent she discovered a week later.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suspect my wife may have the same disease yours does.

Every now and then she'll walk into a room and say, very surprised, "Did you see that dent in the car??".

It's amazing how many dents and scratches she "discovers" on the car. Some mad man must really have it out for her, seeing as he seems to only show up and damage the car when she's driving it.

I was in the car with her once and we were backing out of our parking spot, next to a giant concrete pillar. No other cars around, but she somehow manages to scrape the pillar down an entire wheel well. I'm sure if I wasn't there at the time, it would have been another miracle dent she discovered a week later.

I'm feeling your pain. The hardest part is pretending to be confused about it too, because it's not really worth the argument.

"I agree, honey. They really ought to move that retaining wall. It's dangerous!" Or: "Good question. I'm not sure why parking garages have to have so many cement pillars. You'd think they cid just make stronger walls! You know what? I'm kind of feeling like driving. Would you mind?..."