Anyone notice Garre..err Romo's game management at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
If you recorded the game, go check back after Murray was stopped on 3rd and goal. After the referee announced no penalty for the helmet removal, Garrett ran up to the official to call timeout with about 1:42 left on the clock, but Romo ran up between them and stopped Garrett, who had an utter look of confusion on his face.

A minute later, the camera pans back and Garrett is staring blankly at Romo's face. We only see the back of Tony's head, but you can tell he is very sternly yelling at Garrett and using a lot of hand movements to hammer home his point. I can only imagine he's telling him that there were still about 25 seconds left on the play clock, because after that they let about 25 more seconds bleed off the clock before calling that final timeout.

Thank God the camera's caught it all.

That's your "walk around coach" folks. That's your game manager. In the grand scheme of things, may not have made a difference, but he's so oblivious he was going to just go right ahead and give Washington an extra 25-30 seconds at the end of the game before Romo stepped in and made the right call. Amazing he is still this clueless three years into the job.

Deep_South

Reaction score
If you recorded the game, go check back after Murray was stopped on 3rd and goal. After the referee announced no penalty for the helmet removal, Garrett ran up to the official to call timeout with about 1:42 left on the clock, but Romo ran up between them and stopped Garrett, who had an utter look of confusion on his face.

A minute later, the camera pans back and Garrett is staring blankly at Romo's face. We only see the back of Tony's head, but you can tell he is very sternly yelling at Garrett and using a lot of hand movements to hammer home his point. I can only imagine he's telling him that there were still about 25 seconds left on the play clock, because after that they let about 25 more seconds bleed off the clock before calling that final timeout.

That's your "walk around coach" folks. That's your game manager. In the grand scheme of things, may not have made a difference, but he's so oblivious he was going to just go right ahead and give Washington an extra 25-30 seconds at the end of the game before Romo stepped in and made the right call. Amazing he is still this clueless three years into the job.

I was wondering why Tony was telling the ref when to call the timeout...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Excellent post.

Jerry credited Garrett first after the game. That's like Jerry crediting himself.

Romo has made Garrett and there are no two ways about it.

Fredd

Reaction score

I was saying the same thing during the game...Tony caught it and was vehemently telling the ref to let the play clock run down....Garrett must go......when you have your QB being the only person with any sense of time management on the team, then your coaches must go...Callahan should have been yelling RUN THE CLOCK DOWN, RUN THE CLOCK DOWN....but they were probably just yelling STOP THE CLOCK, STOP THE CLOCK

idiots....thank God for Tony Romo

Aven8

Reaction score
Excellent post.

Jerry credited Garrett first after the game. That's like Jerry crediting himself.

Bingo! This team was unprepared as usual again today, and Romo, Murray, and Oscan won it in spite of all the shortcomings. The only coaching I saw today was when Kiff finally put Oscan on Garçon. Cannot wait until we get the new staff in here for some new excitement. Continuity sucks.

Brooksey

Reaction score

It looked like he wanted to know the official call, and wasn't trying to call a TO. It wouldn't surprise me though if he was.

khiladi

Reaction score
Excellent post.

Wait, JJ credited Garrett? Have mercy heavens...

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Garrett was arguing the penalty and the spot...geesh some will go to any means.

It looked like he wanted to know the official call, and wasn't trying to call a TO. It wouldn't surprise me though if he was.

He tried to call timeout about 25-30 seconds before he should have. This is indisputable. If you watch, he makes the timeout hand signal and clearly yells "TIMEOUT!".

BlueStar22

Reaction score
As many close games that we play, Garrett should have it down to a science.

loublue22

Reaction score
I'd have to watch it again. If someone could put it on youtube, that'd be nice.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Who are you kidding? It was clear as day. You are starting to look like the Jason Garrett of posting.

I'm going to upload the video of it, just for you buddy.

Do it and we will all see you are full of crap.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Exhibit A: Red Genius tries to call timeout about half a minute too soon, Romo jumps in and stops him.

https://vine.co/v/hE6nX3d3hw6

Exhibit B: Romo yells at Garrett and explains the game of football to him while Garrett stands there and takes it.

https://vine.co/v/hE6nYhOBbMl

It's funny because when you watch that first one, it seriously does look like even the referee is trying to stop Garrett. He sticks his hands out like "Woah wait, you sure about that?? Listen to that guy (points to Romo)".

Status
Not open for further replies.