Anyone oppose signing JPP in offseason?

hendog

Reaction score
Looking at FA DE's for next year I think I'd pulll the trigger on JPP. 27 years old. 7 sacks this year plus hurts the gmen. Will he be expensive? Of course but any player worth their salt will be. Add a high draft pick DE or 2 as well. We have to fix the pass rush, and I think that just might do it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I prefer my DEs to have ten functional fingers.

No thanks.

I know he is like a big deal because he had three sacks today plus the takeaway.

It was the Browns, dude.

hendog

Reaction score
I prefer my DEs to have ten functional fingers.

No thanks.

I know he is like a big deal because he had three sacks today plus the takeaway.

It was the Browns, dude.
Whatever....he had 3 more sacks than every DE we trotted out there against the browns. He's a handful. Go back and watch the first time we played them.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Looking at FA DE's for next year I think I'd pulll the trigger on JPP. 27 years old. 7 sacks this year plus hurts the gmen. Will he be expensive? Of course but any player worth their salt will be. Add a high draft pick DE or 2 as well. We have to fix the pass rush, and I think that just might do it.

But he now plays Lawrence's position. He thinks he is premiere pass rusher, you think he is a premier pass rusher, NYG will not think him to be premier pass rusher, I do not think he is premier pass rusher. He is not premier because he lines up on the worse pass blocking OT on any given line, the RT.

juck

Reaction score
This guy is at a decent age and has reborn his career. He is a total beast to handle on the outside. Something we sorely miss.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
It would depend on the money. He only has 7 sacks for the season, he is not exactly lighting it on fire. Let's see at the end of the season.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
He'd obviously be better than anyone we've got, but I've watched a handful of Giants games this year and can't say he reminds me anything of what he was in the earliest stages of his career. He's good, but he doesn't look elite.

While he'd be an instant upgrade, I think he's kind of what you want to avoid in free agency -- a MASSIVE cap hit who will never play to the level of the contract.

Craig

Reaction score
It would depend on the money. He only has 7 sacks for the season, he is not exactly lighting it on fire. Let's see at the end of the season.
A 10 sack pace is not lighting it up? Hes on pace for a pretty great season.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
This guy is at a decent age and has reborn his career. He is a total beast to handle on the outside. Something we sorely miss.

Dallas has cap issues at the end of the year as it is, so they won't be signing any big free agent contracts, nor should they..

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Jpp without a doubt would be an upgrade but I'm not sure the $$$ would be right.

He's shown in the past he will play hardball when it comes to negotiating salary terms.

conner01

Reaction score
The cap won't be an issue. Getting him a price that matches his production could be. He's a good pass rusher but not an elite pass rusher and he is playing with a good bunch around him. For the right price, yes. For what he thinks he's worth, probably not

Maxmadden

Reaction score
A 10 sack pace is not lighting it up? Hes on pace for a pretty great season.
There is also a lot of money on his line helping him out. That's why I said let's see at the end of the season. 5 1/2 of his sacks came from playing two teams, the Browns and Bears.

So he has a whopping 1 1/2 sacks in the other 9 games.