Anyone Play Madden 19 on PC as the Cowboys?

zerofill

Reaction score
I will be 47 next month... I bought Madden for the PC, because they came out with it for that again finally. My daughter bought 18 for me for the xbox one that she has... But I never go on that thing. I am a programmer, so mostly on a computer.

I figured, what the heck...I used to love Football games. I never really play games at all anymore.

But anyone playing the Cowboys, I knock Dak a lot... But, this is actually a serious question.

I don't know if I just suck at this game that much, but I never had a QB throw behind a receiver, or over their heads like Dak is doing in Madden for me.

I seriously am not joking, this has nothing to do with Dak the real player, and my feelings about him not being the franchise QB.

Has anyone else had those issues? I think it gave me an option of difficulty, which I took like the one down form the hardest. I forget lol...

But, did they really make him play like that, or is it just me being old, and getting the hang of this stuff again lol.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I will be 47 next month... I bought Madden for the PC, because they came out with it for that again finally. My daughter bought 18 for me for the xbox one that she has... But I never go on that thing. I am a programmer, so mostly on a computer.

I figured, what the heck...I used to love Football games. I never really play games at all anymore.

But anyone playing the Cowboys, I knock Dak a lot... But, this is actually a serious question.

I don't know if I just suck at this game that much, but I never had a QB throw behind a receiver, or over their heads like Dak is doing in Madden for me.

I seriously am not joking, this has nothing to do with Dak the real player, and my feelings about him not being the franchise QB.

Has anyone else had those issues? I think it gave me an option of difficulty, which I took like the one down form the hardest. I forget lol...

But, did they really make him play like that, or is it just me being old, and getting the hang of this stuff again lol.
On ps4 I won the super bowl my first season on all madden difficulty simming the franchise. made a few trades tho.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Madden is more realistic now you gotta lead your receiver and all as you throw the ball. I’m on PS4 as well. I just play online, move the receiver depth chart that’s for sure.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I haven't played Madden in ages. Last time I played was on a Nintendo. Lol

It probably depends on where they have him ranked in accuracy, though.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It's supposed to be realistic. :muttley:

I actually played Tecmo Super Bowl last night and I hate the games where nothing goes your way. Montana was missing wide open Rice/Taylor all game long while Okoye was running all over me.

zerofill

Reaction score
On ps4 I won the super bowl my first season on all madden difficulty simming the franchise. made a few trades tho.

I think it probably boils down to me not playing these games much. I seriouly feel like they download updates to make the franchise games like they were or something...

Washington game... I drive all the way down to like the 5 yard line, and Dak fumbled... Next series I threw to Cole Beasley when he was breaking, and he threw it to the CB instead of where Beasley was going to be on the break... Felt like I was reliving these games. I was like WTH...

zerofill

Reaction score
It's supposed to be realistic. :muttley:

I actually played Tecmo Super Bowl last night and I hate the games where nothing goes your way. Montana was missing wide open Rice/Taylor all game long while Okoye was running all over me.

Well it has been brutally realistic for me... lol

Zeke got hurt in the Washington game to...

zerofill

Reaction score
Madden is more realistic now you gotta lead your receiver and all as you throw the ball. I’m on PS4 as well. I just play online, move the receiver depth chart that’s for sure.

They are doing something right, I feel like every problem they have in real life, I have when playing the game lol

dguinta1

Reaction score
47 here and Play Online H to H. Even when they stink I only play with the Boys. Can't even think of using another team. I am doing well online +10 in the win column. Waiting for the new rosters to drop, bring on Amari!

InTheZone

Reaction score

I played a little 19 on ps4 before selling it. I never threw high, but had consistent lead/not leading passes.

Since this is your first Madden in a while I don't think you've played the current style before when it was introduced last gen. Make sure to run the passing drills/tutorials. Don't worry too much about pressing the key/button for high/low passes, I use the analog stick to direct lead or high passes. If you're on keyboard whatever controls direction will also affect passes. And don't also throw a bullet pass, you'll get a lot of inconsistencies (usually leading too far) especially with pressure coming.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I traded La'el and a few special teams bodies to the Eagles for Lane Johnson, got Earl during FA, and traded for Tashaun Gipson and I haven't lost in 3 seasons on the highest difficulty.

John813

Reaction score
You can lead, throw behind and make a receiver go for a jump ball.

Under pressure is another attribute they added for QBs and can make them be inaccurate.

And then everyonce in a while your QB will complete fubar a pass under perfect conditions unless he is highly rated

InTheZone

Reaction score
I played a little 19 on ps4 before selling it. I never threw high, but had consistent lead/not leading passes.

Since this is your first Madden in a while I don't think you've played the current style before when it was introduced last gen. Make sure to run the passing drills/tutorials. Don't worry too much about pressing the key/button for high/low passes, I use the analog stick to direct lead or high passes. If you're on keyboard whatever controls direction will also affect passes. And don't also throw a bullet pass, you'll get a lot of inconsistencies (usually leading too far) especially with pressure coming.
meant to say don't hold bullet pass for too long, it seems if you hold it throughout the duration of the pass it just overshoots. Bullet passing is fine, but let go before the ball comes out (play with timing in practice). If you're under pressure then your bullet passes become more prone to overshooting.

zerofill

Reaction score
meant to say don't hold bullet pass for too long, it seems if you hold it throughout the duration of the pass it just overshoots. Bullet passing is fine, but let go before the ball comes out (play with timing in practice). If you're under pressure then your bullet passes become more prone to overshooting.

Ahh... yeah was holding that down until it was thrown... Will have to try that.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Ahh... yeah was holding that down until it was thrown... Will have to try that.

The longer you hold the throw button the harder the QB throws the ball. Holding it too long makes the QB less accurate.

For deep balls you want to tap it to get air under the ball etc..

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
47 here and Play Online H to H. Even when they stink I only play with the Boys. Can't even think of using another team. I am doing well online +10 in the win column. Waiting for the new rosters to drop, bring on Amari!
Hopefully tonight!

zerofill

Reaction score
The longer you hold the throw button the harder the QB throws the ball. Holding it too long makes the QB less accurate.

For deep balls you want to tap it to get air under the ball etc..

Yeah was testing that... but when I tap it for a lob/touch kind of pass... on long throws it is so slow the DB catches up and eats the receiver lol.

zerofill

Reaction score
When you are in the middle of playing Franchise mode, and rosters change when you download them... Why isn't Amari on my team now?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it limit them to 16 games like in the NFL, or can you make the playoffs as the Cowboys? :D :D

If not, then it's not very realistic ... :)