Anyone still want Quinn

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
You want me to say something?

Okay, premature evaluation. Heard the same stuff about Carson Palmer too. Would you take Palmer right now? Over Bledsoe and Romo put together?

I would.

Premature evaluation............I hate that.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Premature evaluation............I hate that.

I agree it's a little early....still alot of football to be played.

Morning Sarge

jay cee

Reaction score
Hailmary said:
I agree. Although performance during the season is important, I don't think it's as important as performing well at the combines. The regular season and individual accolades are overrated imo.

If Quinn puts in a poor performance during the season, but shows that he can make all the throws during the combines, he'll still most likely go high.

Conversely, if he puts up Heisman type numbers during the season but shows that he doesn't have enough zip on the 15yd out, he'll likely slip.

It's all about the measurables in terms of advancing to the next level.
Now this I don't agree with it. I don't think you can be a top 10 pick if you perform poorly during the season.

Right now Quinn has performed poorly in 2 out of 3 games. Show me a guy that went that high by having a great combine after playing POORLY during the regular season.

And for what it's worth, I think Quinn will be a top 10 pick, but it will be because he has 10 more games counting the bowl game to perform well, plus the combine, which I think he should handle quite well.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You want me to say something?

Okay, premature evaluation. Heard the same stuff about Carson Palmer too. Would you take Palmer right now? Over Bledsoe and Romo put together?

I would.
Speaking of a USC QB, keep an eye on John Booty about the time Bledsoe's contract runs out. Booty still has lots to prove, but two games in he's looking very solid with a better arm than Leinart.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
I agree it's a little early....still alot of football to be played.

Morning Sarge

Good morning Daddio :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Speaking of a USC QB, keep an eye on John Booty about the time Bledsoe's contract runs out. Booty still has lots to prove, but two games in he's looking very solid with a better arm than Leinart.
He is surprisngly mobile for a big kid. So far I like him a lot. I definitely wouldn't grouse if he came out and we tok a chance on him.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Lets see the last three games, he's look at best average, and at worst down right putrid. Yea lets trade up and draft this guy for the QB of the future :rolleyes:

This guys will be a complete bust in the NFL...Rick Mirer all over again.

fortdick

Reaction score
locked&loaded said:
i like brohm the best, than troy smith, than drew tate (seems like brady)
than quinn, than stanton.
Best two bands in the world.
1.Oasis :bow:

2.Jayhawks :bow:

I still want Quinn. Him not looking sharp just means he may slip to us!

Best two bands ever.
1.Beatles:bow:

2.Eagles:bow:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I told you guys Quinn was overrated, he's good, but not the end all, beat all, best QB prospect in the last 10 years

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
The book on beating Quinn has been written, and i'm just pissed that as a Penn State fan/season ticket holder our coaches were too dumb to follow it.

Ohio State, Georgia Tech and now Michigan.

You pressure Quinn and he is VERY mediocre.

ccb04

Reaction score
With the exception of the Penn St. game ... ND's O-Line hasn't played all that well. In the GT game, Quinn actually ended up having a decent game despite being harrassed all day. He threw for 250 yards and completed 61% of his passes ... rushed for a TD ... made his fair share of big throws ... didn't turn the ball over ... and iced the game with a big 1st down conversion.

He played very well against Penn St.

As far as the Int's yesterday ... he had one that went right through his TE's hands and another where his arm was hit as he was throwing. Tough breaks, and not really his fault.

It was just one of those days for ND. Everyone pretty much stunk it up. And Weis has to do something about that secondary.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Yes, I'd still take Quinn over any other QB in college.

Stanton would be next after that It would be up for grabs.

Unforgiven

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Lets see the last three games, he's look at best average, and at worst down right putrid. Yea lets trade up and draft this guy for the QB of the future :rolleyes:

Just because you proclaim, doesn't make it true.