Anyone still want Quinn

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Uh, he went to the Yankees and never attended a Combine.

Lame try DK. Real lame.

Come on, it was a great shot, i mean Avatar and everything, Man why so rough tonight Hos? Am i not rawr enough today:laugh1:

rawr

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Come on, it was a great shot, i mean Avatar and everything, Man why so rough tonight Hos? Am i not rawr enough today:laugh1:

rawr
I'm always rough. I don't flinch when someone brings a flyswatter to a gunfight.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Man, that team is snake bit. I really liked Bush and Brohm.
fortunately for Louisville they have 6 weeks to get Brohm back before they play current #5 West Virginia.

intil then they have Kansas St., M. Tenn St., Cincy, and Syracuse on the sched. K State is 3-0 but looks pretty beatable. i think Louisville's D can hold down the fort for now.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Another reason why Quinn will most likely go in the top 5 (that is if he does what he is supposed to do at the combines), is that he LOOKS the part of a NFL QB.

Marketability plays a big role w/ high draft choices, especially w/ QBs. They are asked to be the face of a struggling franchise (which is usually the case if they are picked so high). Quinn's a good looking kid, seems articulate and comes from one of the most storied programs in the nation. Madison Ave. will love this kid and he'll put fans in the seats.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Hailmary said:
Another reason why Quinn will most likely go in the top 5 (that is if he does what he is supposed to do at the combines), is that he LOOKS the part of a NFL QB.

Marketability plays a big role w/ high draft choices, especially w/ QBs. They are asked to be the face of a struggling franchise (which is usually the case if they are picked so high). Quinn's a good looking kid, seems articulate and comes from one of the most storied programs in the nation. Madison Ave. will love this kid and he'll put fans in the seats.

well geez, i can't see Parcells being an easy sell using that particular line of thinking. and i pity the franchise whose headcoach would.

Martice

Reaction score
Hailmary said:

Just like Joey Harrington. Unfortunately, you have to be able to play on the big stage before they buy into you most of the time. The fact that Quinn is from ND and has the "all american" looks may get his some early endorsement deals but nothing major especially if he continues to play like he has so far this year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Martice said:
Just like Joey Harrington. Unfortunately, you have to be able to play on the big stage before they buy into you most of the time. The fact that Quinn is from ND and has the "all american" looks may get his some early endorsement deals but nothing major especially if he continues to play like he has so far this year.
Here we go again...:rolleyes:

Hailmary

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
well geez, i can't see Parcells being an easy sell using that particular line of thinking. and i pity the franchise whose headcoach would.

Yeah, but it's not head coaches who signs the checks, it's the owners. Although coaches have a lot of input on personell, it's usually GMs making the final calls. And their decisions can be vetoed by the owners.

If I was the owner of a struggling franchise, I may be inclined to take a golden boy QB to put fans in the seats even if it meant there was a stud lineman who's considered a better prospect. The NFL is a business (as is all sports) and the ability to market a player has to be a huge consideration to every owner in the league.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Well its true :D
It's a stupid argument that has no bearing on anything or shouldn't.

I have so little respect for it that I wish it was a bannable offense to care about. Then again I feel that way on all stupid ideas. That just happens to be the dumbest of them all by a wide margin.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You would because you're a Buckeye. I'd bet you no NFL team would if they had to choose one or the other. That's what this is about, not alma maters and loyalty.

Oh I know no NFL team would take Smith over Quinn...Doesn't make them right.

The feeling I have about Quinn is like Rick Mier...Good in college...Blows in the Pros. Not saying that's going to happen...Just a feeling.

scottsp

Reaction score
These kids will have those days. Some great QBs have looked quite ordinary (or worse) on a given Saturday. Of course, we all have seen it. Believe me, if you don't remember, there was more than one occasion when USC and UCLA did battle and Troy Aikman looked like the second best quarterback on the field to Rodney Peete.

This is not a comparison of any kind. Just saying, tap the breaks a tad. Please.

SloppyOctopuss

Reaction score
It's unfair to judge Quinn after one bad outing just like it's unfair to assume Bledsoe is finished after a tough road game to open the season...

Brady Quinn is a top flight prospect, QB's have bad games it's happens....