Anyone watching WEC tonight?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
QuanTran;2102094 said:
James Thompson is a "real MMA" fighter. James fought Fedor's brother and was in Pride several times. Same thing with Tank. He is a "real MMA" fighter.

I have followed Kimbo since his first fight on Youtube vs that guy named "Bird". Its the fight where Bird's eye almost falls off. Kimbo then had several backyard fights after that and then encountered Sean Gannon. Sean beat him b/c Sean was an amateur MMA fighter. I think Kimbo realized that he had to improve his overall fighting (not just boxing it out with guys), thus he got with Bas.

I'm not saying Kimbo is ready for Fedor, Cro Crop, AA, Randy, etc. He's just a beginner in MMA, he even stated it himself. He's got a lot to learn (ju-jitsu, kick boxing, etc), but he sure is entertaining to watch....
james thompson is a can. kimbo doesn't take mma seriously cause he obviously has learned noth from Bas and he said he was gonna cut down on smoking after he fought thompson. Kimbo is overhyped and overrated. he will never be anything in mma other than overhyped and overrated.

QT

Reaction score
Should be entertaining once Kimbo steps in the ring again. He's an entertaining fighter. Call me old fashion, but I'm tired of watching two guys on the ground the entire fight and I'm a big Sakuraba fan. I would rather watch an entire baseball game.

People have been doubting Kimbo from day 1 (including myself), just like people are doubting Brock. If they did fight, Brock would probably use his wrestling background and take him to the ground, then GNP Kimbo all day. Should be an entertaing fight.

heavyg

Reaction score
QuanTran;2102160 said:
Should be entertaining once Kimbo steps in the ring again. He's an entertaining fighter. Call me old fashion, but I'm tired of watching two guys on the ground the entire fight and I'm a big Sakuraba fan. I would rather watch an entire baseball game.

People have been doubting Kimbo from day 1 (including myself), just like people are doubting Brock. If they did fight, Brock would probably use his wrestling background and take him to the ground, then GNP Kimbo all day. Should be an entertaing fight.

WOW I love the ground game. It is so technical. I guess I get that from my wrestling background. But I guess most people watch MMA to see two guys pound each others face. I love the submission game.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Rampage;2102010 said:
I hope he fights gsp again. he beat the crap out of gsp in round one and than gsp layed n prayed penn for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Penn is redeticated to mma and taking it seriously now. If they fight he will beat gsp.

I think it would be a good matchup. BJ is nothing short of amazing in BJJ, but GSP has been very impressive, minus the Serra hiccup. I was particularly impressed at how easily he took down Koscheck and sprawled against Hughes.

I just hope that Penn stays in lightweight long enough to *****slap Florian. I don't know what it is, but I hate that guy. Maybe it's the nickname "KenFlo".

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
heavyg;2103013 said:
WOW I love the ground game. It is so technical. I guess I get that from my wrestling background. But I guess most people watch MMA to see two guys pound each others face. I love the submission game.

I like the ground game too.

I used to hate it when I didnt know what the heck I was watching but now MMA is one of my favorite sports.

They gave Kimbo that fight btw... Good fight though. He has hands as good as anyone.

heavyg

Reaction score
CATCH17;2103047 said:
I like the ground game too.

I used to hate it when I didnt know what the heck I was watching but now MMA is one of my favorite sports.

They gave Kimbo that fight btw... Good fight though. He has hands as good as anyone.

I don't know if they gave it to him. The dudes ear was in bad shape and he had no real chance of beating Kimbo at that point. I don't know if it was because this was thier first shot on national TV but to me they stopped the fights way to soon. The one with the eye was just stupid. The fighter should have been given his 5 minutes

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
heavyg;2103079 said:
I don't know if they gave it to him. The dudes ear was in bad shape and he had no real chance of beating Kimbo at that point. I don't know if it was because this was thier first shot on national TV but to me they stopped the fights way to soon. The one with the eye was just stupid. The fighter should have been given his 5 minutes

The dudes ear was in bad shape before the fight ever began.

He couldve had another take down and lost the 3rd round but still won by decision.

I think the 1st 2 rounds went to Thompson.

I just didnt like how they called that fight over a cut ear and no knockout.

heavyg

Reaction score
CATCH17;2103115 said:
The dudes ear was in bad shape before the fight ever began.

He couldve had another take down and lost the 3rd round but still won by decision.

I think the 1st 2 rounds went to Thompson.

I just didnt like how they called that fight over a cut ear and no knockout.

I agree with you. All the fights that were stopped were stopped too soon.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I missed the WEC fights (Though I heard the Pulver vs. Faber fight was spectacular) but I did watch the show Saturday and came away pretty much unimpressed by everything other than Gina.

heavyg

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2103150 said:
I missed the WEC fights (Though I heard the Pulver vs. Faber fight was spectacular) but I did watch the show Saturday and came away pretty much unimpressed by everything other than Gina.

Yes if it wasnt for the Gina fight the whole night would have been a waste.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Oh come on guys the Kimbo Slice fight was at least entertaining.