Anyone worried about JJ forcing OL draft?

Flamma

Reaction score
Not really. If they are really BPA then fine. What if a top LB falls to us and we bypass him for G? Or DE?

That's the thing about this draft. The top LB wouldn't be falling far if he fell to us.

Adreme

Reaction score
What I'm saying is that typically dudes that grade out highly have a better chance of turning into good NFL players. That fact is pretty much indisputable and there is a reason that most NFL stars come from the first handful of rounds. The entire league missed on TJ Watt and that is no secret. You will still get good players picking for need, but you can have better players picking BPA.

Every single team in the NFL picks for need. 100% of them. The Browns are not taking a QB in round 1 even if he is the best player on their board. Similarly the Chiefs are not going to pick a C, the Broncos are not going to take a S (or a QB either). Not a single team in the NFL picks BPA. They all pick the BPA at the positions they need. When it works out people say "they picked the best player on the board" and when it fails people go "they reached for need" but in both cases they were doing the same BPA at a position of need.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am always worried about JJ doing something stupid ........ and I am always worried because he always does something stupid.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I am worried that the Cowboys will draft a G in the 1st round based on need. Spin will be G is the BPA on Cowboys board.

History of Cowboy drafting based on need has been poor. Taco in the first round. Trystin Hill in 2nd. Joseph in 2nd (jury still out).

When Cowboys draft BPA it's worked out well. Parson, Martin.....Emmitt Smith.

1st round G at bottom of 1st hasn't been locks to perform well in NFL. I am praying front office stick to their BPA board as we have so many needs on the team.

There are definitely too many good players in this draft to reach on anyone really.

I'm OK if we address a need. But if it's not a sure bet, we should draft picks we know we'll hit on early on..

Take our chances later.

Sometimes, it's just easier to tell when a player is going to hang at the NFL level or not.

If there's any question, move on and draft a position where you know the player is as sure of a bet as it gets .

That'd be my strategy in rounds 1-3.

After that, I fill need, and take some chances.