Twitter: AP all pro team

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
8-8? Or do stats win games now? And 2nd in yardage? Great accomplishment there...
2nd in offensive efficiency.

So having a guy make the offensive all pro team isn't surprising.

Making an all pro team is an individual award. No idea why you keep bringing the Cowboys record into it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tend to think reputations were at play here. I don't think Kelce or Martin had the best seasons.

In another interesting note, at least to me............. three of the first team OL are all ND grads.

Zach had a great year as usual. The fact he was selected when he wasn't at his best just proves how much better he is than just about anyone else you would put in his place. Reputation doesn't make the All-pro team. Thats a pro bowl criticism

DFWJC

Reaction score
What do you mean with the year we had?

We were the 2nd best offense in football behind Baltimore.
Do you really think that?
Honest question.

fwiw, we were 7th in scoring.

And vs good defenses, I'm guessing we were not in the top 10.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hopkins making first team over Godwin who had more yards, touchdowns and higher yard per catch shows that there is still significant name recognition bias.
Hard to argue with Godwin.

But you have to think that with Hopkins always either being double covered or drawing the top DB, that this was taken into consideration.
And then there's the shear volume of passing that comes into play. TB was throwing all day long.
I mean, Evans was on Godwin's team so no way he was getting double covered.

EST_1986

Reaction score
2nd in offensive efficiency.

So having a guy make the offensive all pro team isn't surprising.

Making an all pro team is an individual award. No idea why you keep bringing the Cowboys record into it.
You’re bringing up team stats so....? Tf

EST_1986

Reaction score
Do you really think that?
Honest question.

fwiw, we were 7th in scoring.

And vs good defenses, I'm guessing we were not in the top 10.
He’s going by yardage which a lot were garbage time stats.

uvaballa

Reaction score
So one season better than Zeke out of 4 makes them the better players?
Have they been in the league 4 years? Zeke has already fallen below the top RB's. Add Saquon and the young studs coming in this draft and Zeke is going to show why he;s not worth anything close to what he's paid.

Look at this year's top ten rushers. Zeke was the only one without a 40+ yard run. Dude can't hit the homeruns anymore. Just a slow ground and pound guy.

CoachD

Reaction score
I got laughed at on the old Cowboys forum a few years ago when I suggested that Zack Martin was the best player on the team in the middle of a HOF career.

I look more and more right every year. Congrats, Zack!

And just think Jerry wanted Jonny Football!! Thank God he was overruled by much better football personnel people!

CoachD

Reaction score
Have they been in the league 4 years? Zeke has already fallen below the top RB's. Add Saquon and the young studs coming in this draft and Zeke is going to show why he;s not worth anything close to what he's paid.

Look at this year's top ten rushers. Zeke was the only one without a 40+ yard run. Dude can't hit the homeruns anymore. Just a slow ground and pound guy.

I still say if he lost 10-15 lbs he's be that back that we all knew and loved in 2016!

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You’re bringing up team stats so....? Tf
Yes. On the 2nd best offense in football it is not surprising that an offensive Cowboys player made the all pro team.

Notice I did not bring up team record.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Hard to argue with Godwin.

But you have to think that with Hopkins always either being double covered or drawing the top DB, that this was taken into consideration.
And then there's the shear volume of passing that comes into play. TB was throwing all day long.
I mean, Evans was on Godwin's team so no way he was getting double covered.
Hopkins caught more balls than Godwin but had fewer yards and touchdowns. He also has a much better QB.

Simply put Godwin had the better season.

SackMaster

Reaction score
What is the point of having a "Flex" All-Pro position when it is just going to go to the Running Back anyways?
:huh: