1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

AP to Dallas?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy_Ace, May 13, 2014.

1. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

11,580 Messages
    18,787 Likes Received
    Stop it....
    Please just stop it.

2. LittleBoyBlue

LittleBoyBlue Redvolution

35,650 Messages
    8,316 Likes Received
    I think what had happened with your phone is... You asked SIRI, "where is the closest pizza joint" and it came back with = Adrian Peterson rumored to Dallas

cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Moderator

46,417 Messages
    24,550 Likes Received
    Please. Don't.

iceberg and cowboy_ron like this.
  4. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

5,398 Messages
    3,334 Likes Received
    HAHA oh man, that was amazing.

cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  5. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

43,339 Messages
    26,856 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind getting crazy rumors texted to my cell if they were sent by the SIRI who played on The Big Bang Theory:

[​IMG]

6. DTown214

DTown214 Well-Known Member

2,814 Messages
    2,887 Likes Received
    I like the idea, but I'd probably rather have a 5 year younger Demarco Murray at a cheaper price.

7. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

19,317 Messages
    16,889 Likes Received
    That's using one credit card to pay another. I hope the Cowboys wouldn't do this.

8. Rockport

19,317 Messages
    16,889 Likes Received
    Never use stats to make a point. Most times it makes you look silly. This is one of them for obvious reasons. Peterson is much, much better than Murray.

9. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

14,547 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    No, actually stats can show quite a bit. Like how thinking Peterson is much, much better than Murray at this point in their careers simply isn't true.

Murray is very underrated by some, and has the talent to be a top 10 back in this league easy.. and top 5 most likely. He's averaged 5 ypc in his 3 years since coming into this league..only the past year behind a decent OL, when his TD numbers went way up.

10. Rockport

19,317 Messages
    16,889 Likes Received
    LOL. Ok, you're entitled to your opinion.

11. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    Not sure if serious

12. RoyTheHammer

14,547 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    As you are yours. Just gonna say, there's a good reason why more and more GM's and front offices in multiple professional sports leagues are moving to taking an analytics approach towards how they build their teams.

To say stats don't really show the truth is nothing more than poppycock, imo.

13. Rockport

19,317 Messages
    16,889 Likes Received
    McCoy, Forte, Charles, Morris, Spiller, Blount, and Ball just to name a few all had more YPC than Peterson.

Yea, stats don't lie.

14. RoyTheHammer

14,547 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    Stats only lie when you have tunnel vision like that and focus on one stat, rather than taking them all into consideration.

15. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

43,339 Messages
    26,856 Likes Received
    There were dozens of players who averaged more yards per carry than Murray. However, Murray carried the ball 217 times last season. No running back who carried the ball as often as he did or more often had more yards per carry than Murray (5.2 YPC).

EDIT: Dozens of players, not running backs only.

Rockport likes this.
  16. Rockport

19,317 Messages
    16,889 Likes Received
    I agree, but you're the one that said Murray was better than Peterson based on stats. LOL!

17. Rockport

19,317 Messages
    16,889 Likes Received
    Exactly. That's why you can't rely on stats. BSPN does that a lot and the mouth breathers take it as gospel.

18. RoyTheHammer

14,547 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    I said he had a better season..meaning production wise. Certainly you can see the difference between the two statements i would hope.

As for who is "better", its kind of a vague statement. Certainly, AP has been better in the past, he's been the best back in the league for a few seasons now. As they go further in their respective careers though, i can only see Murray getting better as he enters his prime, and AP going on the decline in the next few seasons. I'd want Murray as my guy going forward.

19. RoyTheHammer

14,547 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    lol

I don't think you understood his point.. not surprising though. Mouth breather, indeed. How's Eli doin this offseason, bro?

20. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

2,567 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    I clicked on the page just to see what it was about, and I know there is no chance of this happening. Put the Dallas Cowboys name in any story, and people will be interested.